Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Smearing Poop
hoopinglady 12:40 PM 11-21-2011
part time, drop off...child was pulled from my care about a year ago to go to Montessori..now I'm used for back up care....removed from Montessori for "aggressive behavior" 3 years old.

Obviously has speech, developmental, sensory issues.

Laid him down for nap in pnp, come in to find poop smeared. Bathe child, text father, no answer.

gross.

what to do?
hoopinglady 12:45 PM 11-21-2011
He did this as a baby and dad said, "why'd he have his pants off?"

I left bottoms off after diaper change I didn't expect this!

I've always put pants on him since then but apparently since he's three he's able to take his pants off.

omg...I'm stressed. Dad has always been a PIA. Treating me like I'm not good enough, except for back up...sending special food, one of those needs a nanny but only wants to pay for a cheap baby sitter!

Child is a handful but a sweetheart. Not especially aggressive here, nothing I can't handle.

I do NOT want to clean this pnp..and do not really have time to freaking deal with it. The others will be waking up soon.
daycare 12:46 PM 11-21-2011
just curious why is a 3yr old in a pack in play for nap time?

Ugh sorry, I feel for you..that sounds like a horrible mess.

It also sounds like the boy needs closer supervision during nap time..
hoopinglady 12:50 PM 11-21-2011
dad sends it.....sleeps on a mat at MOntessori but they "lay down with him". My ex assistant says she remembers dad saying a year ago that they put him in pnp so he'd be safe.

I thought he was asleep. He was in the next room...not even divided by a door, I was reading my book...smelled poop...

Yeah, my fault? Guess I should have been right there to make sure he fell asleep?
Michelle 12:50 PM 11-21-2011
Originally Posted by hoopinglady:
He did this as a baby and dad said, "why'd he have his pants off?"

I left bottoms off after diaper change I didn't expect this!

I've always put pants on him since then but apparently since he's three he's able to take his pants off.

omg...I'm stressed. Dad has always been a PIA. Treating me like I'm not good enough, except for back up...sending special food, one of those needs a nanny but only wants to pay for a cheap baby sitter!

Child is a handful but a sweetheart. Not especially aggressive here, nothing I can't handle.

I do NOT want to clean this pnp..and do not really have time to freaking deal with it. The others will be waking up soon.
I have been through this! I would just put the pnp outside until you can deal with it. Spray some bleach water on it and leave it.
As far as the kid, put him in overalls fastened backwards for nap time.
Have the dad buy them or tell him to take a hike,
Hugs and hang in there
nannyde 12:52 PM 11-21-2011
backwards footed pajamas for the diaper divers.
Heidi 12:57 PM 11-21-2011
Does he usually poop at nap?

Does he wear a diaper?

I would move him to a mat. He is old enough. If he needs to use the bathroom, he can't. I would not put a potty trained child in a pnp.
hoopinglady 01:03 PM 11-21-2011
he's in a diaper...i only have him occasionally.

dad insists on the diaper and the pnp.

He has very little language, only mimicks. He has no interest in potty when i've tried before
daycare 01:05 PM 11-21-2011
lol diaper divers....hahah

do what Nan said that sounds like it would be impossible to get off and get into...

Ugh how messy and stinky..
hoopinglady 01:07 PM 11-21-2011
for sure...on a monday too...

thanks for listening.

didn't even have extra clothes in diaper bag. That's a first. Thank goodness I have a ton.
hoopinglady 01:09 PM 11-21-2011
Originally Posted by Michelle:
I have been through this! I would just put the pnp outside until you can deal with it. Spray some bleach water on it and leave it.
As far as the kid, put him in overalls fastened backwards for nap time.
Have the dad buy them or tell him to take a hike,
Hugs and hang in there

thank you, voice of reason.
Michelle 01:18 PM 11-21-2011
thank you, voice of reason.
I have put 3 year olds in pcp before too for nap time. He was autistic and mom still had him in a crib at home.
some kids need them, it's a case by case basis
I would rather have a kid in a pcp than running around my house while I am in the bathroom.
hoopinglady 01:23 PM 11-21-2011
Originally Posted by nannyde:
backwards footed pajamas for the diaper divers.
Ok, told dad to bring some he said, "OK, sorry"

poor kiddo. He needs some type of special care.

I was initially furious because dad has always treated me like I'm not good enough but still chooses to use my services when he needs back up.

I try not to be offended but it does bother me. Baby hasn't been diagnosed with anything.
daycare 01:36 PM 11-21-2011
sorry I was not trying to put you down for putting a 3yr old in a PNP I was just curious as to why...
hoopinglady 01:42 PM 11-21-2011
Originally Posted by daycare:
sorry I was not trying to put you down for putting a 3yr old in a PNP I was just curious as to why...
It's cool. I was a bit frazzled and defensive because I suspected dad would blame me in some way like he did before.
MyAngels 03:09 PM 11-21-2011
dad sends it.....sleeps on a mat at MOntessori but they "lay down with him". My ex assistant says she remembers dad saying a year ago that they put him in pnp so he'd be safe.

I thought he was asleep. He was in the next room...not even divided by a door, I was reading my book...smelled poop...

Yeah, my fault? Guess I should have been right there to make sure he fell asleep?
I know you've already sent him home, but I think I would have been tempted to just put the pnp outside and sent it home with dad to clean up, since he brought it...ick...
daycare 03:11 PM 11-21-2011
It's cool. I was a bit frazzled and defensive because I suspected dad would blame me in some way like he did before.
That's one thing I can't stand. When parents blame us.

I won't hear it. Ugh

Hope it all worked out in the end
hoopinglady 03:23 PM 11-21-2011
I took the mat outside to spray down with bleach and ended up cleaning it completely. I left it here to dry and sent the shell part of the pnp home in a trash bag. I could have cleaned it too but wanted dad to take responsibility.

He seemed to take it lightly that I did all that, gave baby a bath had to use loaner clothing all while having a houseful of other kids.

He said he'd bring the pjs for nap tomorrow.

He's also blaming the Montessori school because they have babies in with the toddlers....which granted, is not a good idea, IMO BUT that doesn't excuse your child's aggressive behavior.
christinaskids 03:38 PM 11-21-2011
Sounds like he has a developmental delay and needs some type of special help. I would definetly suggest an eval from birth to three or the school. Early intervention is very important.
hoopinglady 03:39 PM 11-21-2011
Supposedly, he has been evaluated but not diagnosed with anything.

His behaviors very strongly indicate that "something" is going on though.
countrymom 06:54 PM 11-21-2011
I have a 3 yr old in a pnp, I do not trust him at all.
godiva83 05:13 AM 11-22-2011
Ugh I have a 'diaper diver' also he is 2 and it drives me nuts - I did the zippered footsie PJ's works well. Mum also questioned me when I said what he did- didn't believe me it happened or thought I left him for hours in a messy diaper- well turns out he did it to them the other weekend, I just smiled
Tags:developmental issues, disinfectant, poops - during nap
Reply Up