Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Heartbreaking Story
small_steps 05:23 AM 12-13-2011
This happened in the town I live in. The whole community is saddened over this and really disgusted with these parents.

I hope this posts correctly

http://www.star-telegram.com/2011/12...eld-after.html
laundrymom 05:36 AM 12-13-2011
I am sick to my stomach. They won't have it easy in prison that's for sure. Google" Katie's revenge tattoo. " that happened close to me. Even hardened prisoners HATE people who harm children. I'm keeping these children in my prayers.
Meeko 05:44 AM 12-13-2011
This has me in tears. There just is no excuse and these people are monsters. I hope and pray Riley survives.
small_steps 05:56 AM 12-13-2011
He is in stable condition now and hopefully he will only get better. How could someone have not seen this before now? I worked with a family member of theirs a few years ago. I don't care for her much either but at least she takes care of her own children.. HOw could she or any of their other family members not have seen this? It sickens me too. It's so sad and I hope those babies go to loving homes and that they aren't returned to their parents. I too think the parents will catch flack for this in jail/prison. Have a few people on my facebook saying they want to go get arrested for a night so they can get to her themselves. I will keep you guys updated as I learn more. This is a small town, very small, and our community is so angry with these parents right now. There's outrage over this all over the news and facebook in our community.
small_steps 05:58 AM 12-13-2011
Originally Posted by laundrymom:
I am sick to my stomach. They won't have it easy in prison that's for sure. Google" Katie's revenge tattoo. " that happened close to me. Even hardened prisoners HATE people who harm children. I'm keeping these children in my prayers.
I googled the story and he deserved that and even worse!
Michelle 06:39 AM 12-13-2011
My friends daughters "baby daddy" had the same thing happen, only the baby was discovered when he got pulled over by a cop and the cop saw the 10 pound one year old barely alive. Here in Ca. they usually will permanently sever the rights very quickly for something like this.
frgsonmysox 07:47 AM 12-13-2011
I'm 7 months pregnant and super hormonal right now, but I just bawled reading that. I don't understand how anyone can do that to a helpless baby. It is a human desire to take care of little babies, it's a biological need. How can someone turn that off? I get anxious when I hear someone ELSE'S baby cry in the store, I could never ignore my own. I wish there was something I could do for that baby.

This is why I want to foster and why I wanted to be a social worker, I just don't know if I can emotionally handle it.
MarinaVanessa 09:23 AM 12-13-2011
Originally Posted by frgsonmysox:
I don't understand how anyone can do that to a helpless baby. It is a human desire to take care of little babies, it's a biological need.
I understand exactly what you mean ans I am not pregnant or hormonal. I am so anguished over this poor baby. I kept reading and kept thinking
"oh no he's dead, oh no he's dead" and then I read that the neighbor took him to the hospital and I couldn't believe it!

Most cases like these the child doen't make it and it's too late before they even make headlines. I'm so relieved beyond words that at least the baby is in a hospital and may even recover.

I hear stories like these and I just want to take these babies and hold them and never let them go.
permanentvacation 10:47 AM 12-13-2011
I can't get the link to work. Can you tell me some info about it so I can google for the story. Or can you tell me the basics of what happened?
Breezy 10:50 AM 12-13-2011
Originally Posted by permanentvacation:
I can't get the link to work. Can you tell me some info about it so I can google for the story. Or can you tell me the basics of what happened?
Me too. It wont work for me either.
Sugar Magnolia 11:20 AM 12-13-2011
The link said "story no longer available" but I clicked on "home" and scrolled down to "teens put baby's welfare above their own". PROPS to those teens, they are heros! What awesome kids those teenagers are! Sad, awful, special place in hell for those parents.
small_steps 01:49 PM 12-13-2011
Type in hood county 8 month old and that should bring it up.
Breezy 01:58 PM 12-13-2011
Oh. My. God. How could someone do that? Why would someone do that? Sickening. That poor poor baby.
Michael 02:02 PM 12-13-2011
Here is the link: http://www.star-telegram.com/2011/12...eld-after.html
small_steps 02:36 PM 12-13-2011
Originally Posted by Michael:
Here is the link: http://www.star-telegram.com/2011/12...eld-after.html
Thank you for posting the link. I hadn't had a chance to look it up again.
Sunchimes 03:04 PM 12-13-2011
That is so sickening. I can't understand why they keep a baby they don't want. It's as simple was taking it to a fire station and saying "I don't want/can't care for it." They can be anonymous and there is no prosecution. Why not let it go and let someone else have it--there is no shortage of people wanting infants.

As for the prison thing, we had a woman in our county a couple of years ago who killed one daughter and tried to kill the other. She had to be kept in isolation the entire time she was in the county jail (a year or more) and after she went to prison, they said she would have to be in solitary for a long time. I think they should put them in the general population and let them get what's coming to them.

Small_steps, you live in a beautiful place. It's one of my favorite day trips!
small_steps 05:30 PM 12-13-2011
Originally Posted by Sunchimes:
That is so sickening. I can't understand why they keep a baby they don't want. It's as simple was taking it to a fire station and saying "I don't want/can't care for it." They can be anonymous and there is no prosecution. Why not let it go and let someone else have it--there is no shortage of people wanting infants.

As for the prison thing, we had a woman in our county a couple of years ago who killed one daughter and tried to kill the other. She had to be kept in isolation the entire time she was in the county jail (a year or more) and after she went to prison, they said she would have to be in solitary for a long time. I think they should put them in the general population and let them get what's coming to them.

Small_steps, you live in a beautiful place. It's one of my favorite day trips!
Thank you....sometimes its easy to forget how beautiful our little town is when you're here everyday. I don't get out much but we do have a lot of tourism here.
Tags:abuse, article, sad
Reply Up