Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>How to Advertise!
Unregistered 07:33 AM 03-14-2012
We are opening a daycare in the Houston area and are having a hard time with (cheap) advertising ideas! Help please!!!!!
dave4him 07:35 AM 03-14-2012
Other than craigslist i have no idea, i need some tips too
hpresley86 07:45 AM 03-14-2012
I posted flyers in the local market, library, businesses. (Small town) and I created a facebook page advertising to people living in the town, and my church is helping me get the word out to people they know with kids daycare aged.

I also created a craigslist post. I dont know how well these are going to work yet, Ive been advertising 2 weeks and only had 1 parent call so far, but hopefully more calls will be coming in soon!
Mommy2One 08:12 AM 03-14-2012
Originally Posted by Unregistered:
We are opening a daycare in the Houston area and are having a hard time with (cheap) advertising ideas! Help please!!!!!
Parent here...
1. Craigslist
2. Website (search engine optimized and/or registered so it appears under searches for "daycare" or "childcare" and your zip code)
3. Fliers posted in fun, kid friendly places where parents might have a chance to stop and look at a bulletin board (more so than someplace like a grocery store where parents are likely rushing and multitasking). Another good place might be doctors or dentist offices.
4. Have friends/family mention it on their Facebook wall "My friend Susie just opened a daycare! If you or a coworker is looking for someone to care for your little one please message me for her contact info!"

In our area we have a LOT of advertisements on Craigslist from start ups, SAHMs and 'I got laid off and want to make money' types. Some offer high quality care but a lot don't and the advertisement is my first step in weeding out the TV and junk food types. Use decent spelling/grammar/capitalization. If you feature photos of your area or your kids make sure the area looks clean, organized, sunny and fun. Make sure if you put pics of the kiddos it's not during a special event when they're eating lots of treats and there are sippy cups all over (a potential client won't know it's a special occasion and may think the kids get marshmallows and cupcakes daily).
Blackcat31 08:25 AM 03-14-2012
additional threads about advertising

https://www.daycare.com/forum/tags.php?tag=advertising
MamaBear 08:26 AM 03-14-2012
I would get all my bites from Craigslist and my website.
Tags:advertising
Reply Up