Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Is This For Me? What Is Going On!!
athomemommy 10:48 AM 06-04-2012
Recently I have been feeling not like myself. I have always worked and enjoyed children. Since I have opened my home to children and their families I am not the same. When they pull into the drive I sigh and think already. Sometimes I feel like the dc are taking my childrens time with me and may act different towards them and am sometimes annoyed with them.. I feel like my kids are picking up on it.

I don't want to act/feel this way. Is this normal? How do I deal and handle this?

I want to stick with this but also want what is best for all the children.
jokalima 11:16 AM 06-04-2012
IDK if it's normal, I do know I feel the same exact way, specially with my son I feel so bad, sometimes I think he feels I don't love him and it breaks my heart, it is very, very difficult to have kids here when you have your own child in day care.
BusyBee 11:17 AM 06-04-2012
I think it is normal, I hope it is at least since I feel the same way.

We are at the second full day of summer vacation and I am so depressed already. I have one SA who just gets under my skin and I literally almost starting crying at lunch time, he is so hard for me to take...

Anyway, i know others have been there but I don't have any advice as I am looking for some myself. I dread 7am every day. My mantra right now is "just make it through the summer..."
DaisyMamma 11:34 AM 06-04-2012
I feel the same, yep. I give my kids plenty of love and kisses all day long. Fair or not IDC.
I'm wondering what it will be like for me once both of my children are SA.
SA that get under my skin are no longer welcome. I find this age group to be difficult and annoying. I only have one (aside from my own) and she has a younger sibling who comes.
athomemommy 11:38 AM 06-04-2012
Busy Bee : I too have a some one who gets under my skin. I have dealt with a lot of people in my life never has anyone made my hair stand up.

What are your plans to get through summer. I have been letting them have free play but now I feel like we are all missing out something. I would like a routine but we all have a hard time remembering it.

How old are your kids? How long have you been doing it?
athomemommy 11:41 AM 06-04-2012
Originally Posted by DaisyMamma:
I feel the same, yep. I give my kids plenty of love and kisses all day long. Fair or not IDC.
I'm wondering what it will be like for me once both of my children are SA.
SA that get under my skin are no longer welcome. I find this age group to be difficult and annoying. I only have one (aside from my own) and she has a younger sibling who comes.
She is family (cousins) don't think she will ever go anywhere. my other problem is she is always trying to get others to do things that will get them in trouble. And getting my son to kiss her. Her dad killed himself last April. So I try to be patient. I just don't know anymore.
DaisyMamma 11:49 AM 06-04-2012
Originally Posted by athomemommy:
She is family (cousins) don't think she will ever go anywhere. my other problem is she is always trying to get others to do things that will get them in trouble. And getting my son to kiss her. Her dad killed himself last April. So I try to be patient. I just don't know anymore.
oh my. I feel your pain. Be firm (but kind), she needs it.
I won't take another friend's/family child because of this type of thing.
BusyBee 11:59 AM 06-04-2012
Originally Posted by athomemommy:
Busy Bee : I too have a some one who gets under my skin. I have dealt with a lot of people in my life never has anyone made my hair stand up.

What are your plans to get through summer. I have been letting them have free play but now I feel like we are all missing out something. I would like a routine but we all have a hard time remembering it.

How old are your kids? How long have you been doing it?
Good question! LOL Right now I am just winging it. I was not mentally prepared for summer! The week prior to the last day I could feel my mood just going down because I knew what I was going to have to put up with.

I am nice to him, obviously...and it is not like he TRIES to annoy me, he just does! I don't know why, but everything he does just gets to me. I guess not all personalities mesh! But I try REALLY hard to not show it to him, I just walk away a lot to collect myself.

I have only been doing this a few years, I LOVED it at first but have slowly been burning out. It can be a depressing, isolating, and frustrating profession.

I would love to eliminate SA from my program but I would lose 3 for sure, plus one sibling probably. I am actually hoping to not bring anymore kids and just slowly phase the ones that I have out as they age. I am planning on being done in 4-5 years, earlier if I can pay off debt early. Then I can just be a SAHM mom to my youngest for a bit! I can dream.
Countrygal 12:15 PM 06-04-2012
I think it is very normal.

One way I've tried to get around this is to do something special every.single.weekend. with just my child. Even the weekends we have daycare, I try to do something special with just him in the afternoon or evening - like going out to eat or going swimming.

As for schedule (I don't know if you were just asking Busy Bee or not), but I have found my days are always better if I keep the kids busy. I have given up on free play and have relegated everything of mine to evenings except maybe a load of laundry and dishes. Kind of defeats the purpose of working at home, but at least I am home with dgs.

We do not keep a set schedule in the summer, except for meals and naptime. We do something different every single day. I do try to have circle time at least 3 times a week, tho. Mostly our schedule depends upon the weather. If it's nice out we take nature hikes, do a nature study, play in the water, whatever..... if it's rainy we do our arts and crafts inside. I also have a painting wall outside for when it hasn't rained and we can't get our fill of painting.
Unregistered 03:01 PM 06-04-2012
Wow I could have written this post. Always worked with kids, but now just want time with my child. I always feel guilty that my child won't like having to share me or the toys.
DaisyMamma 04:17 AM 06-05-2012
I have to add that although I feel this way, my kids love it. They look forward to having friends everyday and are bored on the weekend. and not only that, but I like it more than any other job I've had.
BusyBee 05:16 AM 06-05-2012
Originally Posted by DaisyMamma:
I have to add that although I feel this way, my kids love it. They look forward to having friends everyday and are bored on the weekend. and not only that, but I like it more than any other job I've had.
You are lucky! Mine hates it! It makes it even more difficult.
DaisyMamma 09:00 AM 06-05-2012
Originally Posted by BusyBee:
You are lucky! Mine hates it! It makes it even more difficult.
That's terrible
boysx5 09:56 AM 06-05-2012
As your kids get older it gets eaiser is what I have found I also don't do school age anymore and boy so much less stressful
DaisyMamma 10:04 AM 06-05-2012
Originally Posted by boysx5:
As your kids get older it gets eaiser is what I have found I also don't do school age anymore and boy so much less stressful
By older, what age are you talking about?
Tags:burnt out
Reply Up