Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>"Nice" Wording for a Termination Letter
Mom2TLE 05:50 PM 08-01-2012
I posted once before about my 2.5yo DCG. She is aggressive and hits one little girl in paticular 2-3 times everyday. I have she talked to mom and she had her going to bed at midnight "since her older siblings were up she just didn't want to go to bed". So she moved up bedtime which helped a little but not much. She has started screaming at everyone here. A few days ago she puposely droped a block on DCG who is 7 mo's head. Today she hit once got time out (I have resorted to no warnings and straight to time out. The second time she hit because DCG would not sit next to her, I put her in time out she got out I put her back she started kicking and scratching me so she went to the playpen. Where she proceeded to scream at me and peed her pants and all over my PNP. (She started this when mom would leave her and she was mad she would pee) This was the last straw I can't even dicipline her without her doing something distructful. I know it is not her fault she is the baby and has been taught by mom, dad, and grandma that had her before me, that hitting screaming and throwing a fit gets her what she wants.
So anyways I want to write a term letter that is on the nice side stating that
I don't think that I am the right fit for her daughter. So not the standard cold terminate on X date period type of a deal.

I need help with some wording but here is what I have
Dear mom,
Please accept this letter as notice of termination of care for DCG.
I have tried my best over the last few months to help her adjust to daycare. She is just too aggressive with the little ones her own age and I feel that I am not able to provide the care she requires.
I am providing 2 weeks notice as per our contract. Her last day of care will be 7/15/2012 Your $*** deposit will be credited towards you last 2 weeks of care.
I wish you and your family the best.
Sincerely, Daycare Provider
Michael 08:44 PM 08-01-2012
Hi and welcome to the forum. Here are more threads on termination letters: https://www.daycare.com/forum/tags.p...ination+letter
MaritimeMummy 03:58 AM 08-02-2012
Honestly, I don't think I'd even mention anything to do with how you are unable to provide the care she requires. *I* know what you are trying to say but to a parent it would have her walking away from you thinking you are really under-qualified. If you have previously talked about her aggression with the mother, I'd say something like:

"Dear DCM,

We have spoken previously regarding her aggression. While things improved slightly, her behaviour has not improved significantly enough in the (X) time since we met regarding this issue.

I am providing 2 weeks notice as per our contract. Her last day of care will be 7/15/2012 Your $*** deposit will be credited towards you last 2 weeks of care.

Sincerely, Daycare Provider"

That way she knows that it's not something that you are just plucking out of the blue...you are making note that you and DCM have already discussed this topic and that it has not gotten better. I really would not say anything to the effect of how you've "tried your best" or that you "can't give her the care that she requires".

I might even be inclined to omit the whole middle paragraph regarding aggression, and verbally let her know, if she asks, that it created a dangerous situation for the other children.
Heidi 05:14 AM 08-02-2012
Originally Posted by KHiltz:
Honestly, I don't think I'd even mention anything to do with how you are unable to provide the care she requires. *I* know what you are trying to say but to a parent it would have her walking away from you thinking you are really under-qualified. If you have previously talked about her aggression with the mother, I'd say something like:

"Dear DCM,

We have spoken previously regarding her aggression. While things improved slightly, her behaviour has not improved significantly enough in the (X) time since we met regarding this issue.

Sincerely, Daycare Provider"

That way she knows that it's not something that you are just plucking out of the blue...you are making note that you and DCM have already discussed this topic and that it has not gotten better. I really would not say anything to the effect of how you've "tried your best" or that you "can't give her the care that she requires".

I might even be inclined to omit the whole middle paragraph regarding aggression, and verbally let her know, if she asks, that it created a dangerous situation for the other children.

Tags:termination letter
Reply Up