Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Advice on Talking to DCP Who Left Cuz It Was Too Cold To Play Outside
DaisyMamma 12:46 PM 04-23-2013
Apparently DCM was asking more than the usual questions @ pickup yesterday. (I was out for a DR appt). And she hung around more than the typical pickup time.
I don't know what their problem is and don't like this at all.
Yes, I know I need to term this family. I'd like to do it without offending them, even make them think its their idea.
My thoughts are that they come back tomorrow, so @ drop off when questions start I was going to say, well, nothing has changed here in the past few months, but what is going on with you? (Reads rudely, I'm going to be nice). Are you trying to decide if you want to stay here, or considering individualized care?
And go from there.
I have zero experience with friendly terming, I'm hoping for some guidance.
blandino 01:00 PM 04-23-2013
Originally Posted by DaisyMamma:
Apparently DCM was asking more than the usual questions @ pickup yesterday. (I was out for a DR appt). And she hung around more than the typical pickup time.
I don't know what their problem is and don't like this at all.
Yes, I know I need to term this family. I'd like to do it without offending them, even make them think its their idea.
My thoughts are that they come back tomorrow, so @ drop off when questions start I was going to say, well, nothing has changed here in the past few months, but what is going on with you? (Reads rudely, I'm going to be nice). Are you trying to decide if you want to stay here, or considering individualized care?
And go from there.
I have zero experience with friendly terming, I'm hoping for some guidance.

I would say something like:

I notice you have had a lot of questions abo the daycare lately. I am more than happy to answer any questions you may have, but your recent questions are coming off as accusatory. If there is something you would like to discuss, please bring it to my attention. Otherwise, I feel that you should choose a daycare provider that you trust, and since that doesn't seem to exist in our relationship, I think it would be best for you to find alternate care with a provider you can trust.
bunnyslippers 02:16 PM 04-23-2013
I would try something along the lines of:

I am glad that you have had so many questions regarding my policies lately, but I am wondering what is causing you to have them. Nothing has changed in my program, and the policies and rules have been in place since you began care. Is there an issue we need to discuss or review? I am getting the impression you are not finding the care that you want here, and would like to help with any decision you are trying to make.
MyAngels 03:09 PM 04-23-2013
Originally Posted by bunnyslippers:

I am glad that you have had so many questions regarding my policies lately, but I am wondering what is causing you to have them. Nothing has changed in my program, and the policies and rules have been in place since you began care. Is there an issue we need to discuss or review? I am getting the impression you are not finding the care that you want here, and would like to help with any decision you are trying to make.
Perfect - gets the point across without coming across as aggressive or witchy
MarinaVanessa 03:29 PM 04-23-2013
Originally Posted by bunnyslippers:

Yes, I like it.
Tags:termination
Reply Up