Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Missing The Good, Not The Crazy, Annoying And Bad! (LONG)
rosieteddy 05:45 AM 05-11-2015
Some of you know from my posts that I retired in Feb.After a heart attack and stent placement and a week in the hospital closed. I have been reading the board .It helps to remind me about the annoying things .Long hours,parents who question policies.crying babies and toddlers who won't listen. I think if I had not been up for re liscence in May I might have taken four children back. After 30 yrs its tough to not have such busy days. The things I miss the most are singing and story time.You do not realize how much of your life as a provider you (or at least I) spent doing that.Every Holiday ,seaon and celebration I had books about.I can remember thinking "aggggh I am sick of this book".Now I think "oh Mothers day that would be Clifford ans Bernstien bears ect". Its funny but your gonna miss this when its gone. So last week I decided to turn in some bonds my parents left me.I decided that as I may not have made it after a blood clot in my heart i would plan something. After so many years of doing childcare I felt my own family made concessions. There was being quiet at nap time.Sharing their Mom ,house and toys. Even the fact that they all went away with their Dad and I stayed to work. I plan on spending some time with each of my 4 children (adults) .They can plan and pick how much whether dinner,a weekend day trip whatever they choose. So my first trip is with my adult daughter to Alaska.We are flying to seatle and going on a stitch and cruise with Debbie Macomber (writer of my favorite series).My second daughter thinks maybe a weeken in NEWYORK ,and my sons are thinking. I thought this would be a nice retirement trip. After the summer I may nanny or work in a center or be an approved assistant for some of my daycare provider friends .It is hard to fill the days after caring for children most of our adult lives. THANKS FOR ALL THE SUPPORT HERE THIS SITE HAS KEPT ME SOMEWHAT SANE.
Thriftylady 06:08 AM 05-11-2015
Enjoy your time with your kids!
hope 06:19 AM 05-11-2015
What a great idea! Enjoy the time with your family!
DaveA 06:20 AM 05-11-2015
Enjoy. Sounds like fun.
Blackcat31 06:28 AM 05-11-2015
Originally Posted by rosieteddy:
Some of you know from my posts that I retired in Feb.After a heart attack and stent placement and a week in the hospital closed. I have been reading the board .It helps to remind me about the annoying things .Long hours,parents who question policies.crying babies and toddlers who won't listen. I think if I had not been up for re liscence in May I might have taken four children back. After 30 yrs its tough to not have such busy days. The things I miss the most are singing and story time.You do not realize how much of your life as a provider you (or at least I) spent doing that.Every Holiday ,seaon and celebration I had books about.I can remember thinking "aggggh I am sick of this book".Now I think "oh Mothers day that would be Clifford ans Bernstien bears ect". Its funny but your gonna miss this when its gone. So last week I decided to turn in some bonds my parents left me.I decided that as I may not have made it after a blood clot in my heart i would plan something. After so many years of doing childcare I felt my own family made concessions. There was being quiet at nap time.Sharing their Mom ,house and toys. Even the fact that they all went away with their Dad and I stayed to work. I plan on spending some time with each of my 4 children (adults) .They can plan and pick how much whether dinner,a weekend day trip whatever they choose. So my first trip is with my adult daughter to Alaska.We are flying to seatle and going on a stitch and cruise with Debbie Macomber (writer of my favorite series).My second daughter thinks maybe a weeken in NEWYORK ,and my sons are thinking. I thought this would be a nice retirement trip. After the summer I may nanny or work in a center or be an approved assistant for some of my daycare provider friends .It is hard to fill the days after caring for children most of our adult lives. THANKS FOR ALL THE SUPPORT HERE THIS SITE HAS KEPT ME SOMEWHAT SANE.
Wow! That sounds awesome!

My mother is a huge Debbie Macomber fan! ~She'd be SUPER jealous!

I'm loving your idea to take a trip or adventure with each of your children! What a fantastic way to really enjoy their company and see some great places too!

I agree with you about being a provider....I think it becomes part of who you are after a while so it doesn't matter if you are actively working, taking a break or retired.....once a caring, loving, nurturing provider:ALWAYS a caring, loving, nurturing provider at heart.

I hope you have a fantastic time with each of your kids on each adventure you take!
momofsix 11:37 AM 05-11-2015
What a great idea to spend time with each of your children doing something fun! You're right-it makes no sense to hold on to the bonds when you never know what will happen. Life is for living and enjoying!!!
Glad you're doing so well and your heart issues didn't seem to slow you down much!
rosieteddy 04:13 PM 05-11-2015
Thanks for the comments .Remember you are all a big part of every family you care for.The job you do is important and you make childrens lives better.It can be a wonderful ,though not always easy job.This board as a group is wonderful.Those days when you think this is it I quit.You can come here and vent to people who live it . I know I got a lot of laughs and ideas from here.Keep up the good work.Thanks for caring to read and post comments it can be lonely out here.
kathiemarie 08:06 AM 05-12-2015
If you don't need the income may I suggest you volunteer. With budget cuts/moms working our public schools need people that can work in the class rooms. For a teacher to have some one come into the class room and do story time, help with art or even supervise recess is heaven.
rosieteddy 10:16 AM 05-12-2015
Thats a really great ideato volunteer. I have thought about that.I don't have a plan except to not be liscenced by the state . I thought about a nanny job, but am afraid Dr appointments would get in the way. Everything you read about retireing is to cut down but keep some income. We do have some savings . I do miss the children I had ,but really do not want to start from scratch.The old clients were trained as I had the families for 3-8 yrs.Reading you guys posts makes me glad to be out.
lblanke 08:53 PM 05-12-2015
Sounds like you would be a great volunteer at the public library for story time. I'm sure those children would love it as much as your own for the past years. Congratulations on your retirement!
Reply Up