Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>License Training
Pandaluver21 05:51 PM 12-08-2016
How does the training process go? After the first training, inspection, etc... when your next inspection comes up and you need to renew your training when/how do you go about it?
sammie 09:50 AM 12-09-2016
Originally Posted by Pandaluver21:
How does the training process go? After the first training, inspection, etc... when your next inspection comes up and you need to renew your training when/how do you go about it?
You can receive training through a lot of different channels. Your local childcare association may offer training at their regular association meetings, childcare conferences (there are several offered every year throughout the metro area), Red Rocks Community College, and the state PDIS system are some that I have used. I am in Colorado also. Let me know if you have any other questions or if I can help in any way.
Pandaluver21 09:59 AM 12-09-2016
Does it matter when you do them? Not the initial training, but the "renewals"
sammie 10:09 AM 12-09-2016
You have to have them completed before your license renewal. So for example, I renew my license every February. All of my renewal training is completed prior to then. HTH
Play Care 10:28 AM 12-09-2016
Originally Posted by Pandaluver21:
Does it matter when you do them? Not the initial training, but the "renewals"
Usually the training must be completed before you renew, but it can depend on how long your license is good for. In my state I can get re-licensed every 4 years, but must have 30 hours of training completed by the two year mid-way point. Also pay attention to what topics must be covered, because you may have the hours but not the topics you need.
HTH!!
Reply Up