Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Parents and Guardians Forum>Child Dev. Hammond, in Neglect
Shenia_smith 06:21 PM 03-14-2010
I sent my 2 yr. old son here for 2 days only. On the 2nd day I pick up my son at 5:30pm and he was wearing the same Huggies diaper I dropped him off in at 7:30am, (I bought LUVS for W**** and Huggies for home). I told Ms. S***l (school administrator) the situation and brought her the diaper and the name and phone number of a customer service rep from Huggies. ( I called Huggies and they told the serial numbers on the inside of the straps are in sequential order in my package at home, so there was no way of any other pkg. of diapers to have the same line # in there bag). Ms S*** believed me and we had checked the teachers daily records of what she had done with my son. the teacher Fraudulently documented that she had changed my son at 11:30am and 3:30pm. Bottom line the school did not fire the teacher because they said that the Child Welfare said it not neglect to leave a child in a diaper for 10 hours. and the documented fraud was for their school records. So they kept this horrible teacher. after she negleted my son and lied about it on company documents. this happend OCTOBER 2009 in room 3 or 4
melskids 04:01 AM 03-15-2010
maybe it is possible she used another childs diapers.......
mac60 05:00 AM 03-15-2010
Originally Posted by melskids:
maybe it is possible she used another childs diapers.......
This is exactly what I was thinking too. There have been MANY times that I accidently grabbed the wrong child's diaper, and once you have it under their bottom and realize it is the wrong one, I just use it, because I can't put it back nor do I want to throw it out. Is there signs of a rash or was the child in different clothes. There is no way a child could still be in the same diaper and still be in the same clothes, they would of peed thru everything for sure. There are inconsistencies in this, it doesn't make sense.
Persephone 06:11 AM 03-15-2010
Originally Posted by Shenia_smith:
I sent my 2 yr. old son here for 2 days only. On the 2nd day I pick up my son at 5:30pm and he was wearing the same Huggies diaper I dropped him off in at 7:30am, (I bought LUVS for W**** and Huggies for home). I told Ms. S***l (school administrator) the situation and brought her the diaper and the name and phone number of a customer service rep from Huggies. ( I called Huggies and they told the serial numbers on the inside of the straps are in sequential order in my package at home, so there was no way of any other pkg. of diapers to have the same line # in there bag). Ms S*** believed me and we had checked the teachers daily records of what she had done with my son. the teacher Fraudulently documented that she had changed my son at 11:30am and 3:30pm. Bottom line the school did not fire the teacher because they said that the Child Welfare said it not neglect to leave a child in a diaper for 10 hours. and the documented fraud was for their school records. So they kept this horrible teacher. after she negleted my son and lied about it on company documents. this happend OCTOBER 2009 in room 3 or 4
Do diapers really have serial numbers? Luvs doesn't? I don't have any Huggies here to even look.

I think a child could go all day with the same diaper on and it not leak through. Depends on how much they pee. They can go over night and not leak all the time.

If you changed him right before you dropped him off then he might not have wet again until later in the day, depends on the child.

When I was a a center, we had children sometimes that were dry at morning change time. And we would mark on their sheet 10:30 dry. So we knew that it was not changed.
misol 08:09 AM 03-15-2010
Not that I didn't believe the original poster but curiosity got the best of me. I have Huggies here and I checked. There are indeed two numbers on the inside of the fastener tabs. One number looks like it might be the batch number or lot number and the other number looks like it might be the individual diaper number.

I am surprised that the daycare didn't have an employee policy regarding falsifying records.
Persephone 08:25 AM 03-15-2010
Originally Posted by misol:
Not that I didn't believe the original poster but curiosity got the best of me. I have Huggies here and I checked. There are indeed two numbers on the inside of the fastener tabs. One number looks like it might be the batch number or lot number and the other number looks like it might be the individual diaper number.

I am surprised that the daycare didn't have an employee policy regarding falsifying records.
I'm glad someone had a diaper to check. Like I said, I checked Luvs and they don't have them.

I would think that they would not have a policy, since I know that the diaper changing records are just for the center. Nothing is done with them. After like a month you can toss them out.

What gets me, is that the poster said that this happened 5 months ago. Why is she waiting this long to do something about it. Since I live in Indiana, I did a search for this center and I even found on another site she posted the same thing.
mac60 08:47 AM 03-15-2010
I still feel that if the same diaper was on all day on a 2 yr old, that he would of peed thru his clothes.
Carole's Daycare 01:12 PM 03-15-2010
I agree. This same accusation happened to me several years ago. I had a mom complaining about her finances/the bill. (she was paying $140/wk for 2 kids 4 days a week- I was new and stupid, and believed she was poor/destitute) I had given her notice I was raising her rate by $20- closer to a normal rate, since I found out her spouse had one of the more coveted jobs around & she was a mortgage broker. They had bought their 5 yr old his own 4 wheeler etc but couldn't afford daycare.
Anyway- I had 2 children recently potty trained and many LUVS those families had left to be used. The boy came in Luvs, but she had brought Huggies for him. He went home in Luvs because I was trying to be nice- and make her diapers go farther since she was constantly griping about the money. Had I not been changing his diaper his clothes would have been soaked through. Nonetheless, she didn't want to pay the increased rate, so used it as an excuse to accuse me of not providing proper care, so she left bad- mouthing me saying I didn't change her son to use an unlicensed teenager for the summer for her two boys. I dont know if in the fall when her oldest started school if she was finally able to budget enough, with their 2 boats, several 4 wheelers, snowmobiles and Expedition, to put her younger son back in decent daycare or not, but that experience broke my heart and really changed my trust level. I always make clear now with a note on the door or something if I have donated out-sized or no longer needed diapers or pullups from another family- they can sign the sheet if they are willing to accept the use of those donated diapers and what brands they are. Sad that you have to be afraid to be nice for fear of false accusations.
Tags:dirty diapers
Reply Up