Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Do you have contracts for B & A school?
Unregistered 09:37 AM 09-06-2010
I have never done b & a before, do you still use a contract and do you charge for when they are not here? like on winter breaks & stuff? and what about the days school is not in session like snow days, presidents day, etc? Any tips?
melissa ann 11:49 AM 09-06-2010
I do have a contract for b/a school. I charge $10/day for up to 3 hours. I don't charge extra for early dismissal/late start. On holidays when there is no school, I charge my regular daily rate of $20.
Unregistered 12:55 PM 09-06-2010
do you charge the $20 when the kid is not there?
DancingQueen 03:24 PM 09-06-2010
I have a contract for b/a school kids just as I do for full time. I charge a weekly rate and they pay even when they aren't there.
If they are there for full days then I have a daily rate (snow days, school breaks etc.)
But if it is school vacation and the child doesn't come I charge them the b/a school rate.

$50.00 per week regardless of wether or not they come
$28.00 per day that they are there for 4 hours or more
AfterSchoolMom 04:49 PM 09-06-2010
I definitely have a contract for my schoolers. I charge whether or not they're here, unless I have to take off due to illness. I also take Christmas break off, and I don't charge for that either. On full days (teacher work days, snow days, etc.) I charge an extra fee. If the parents choose not to send their child on those days, the regular rate applies, but I don't charge the added amount.
Unregistered 05:46 PM 09-06-2010
I would not be able to take these kids on the snow days, vacation days, etc, because I can only have 2 kids here anyway and those slots are filled, so I was thinking of charging 50/wk weather they come or not. Do you have a whole separate contract for them or do you just inlude that info in it & your handbook? Do you have separate fees if they come in am only? I was thinking like $30/wk for just am or pm only.
AfterSchoolMom 09:13 AM 09-07-2010
Something to consider if you're doing a rate for before or after only - in the afternoon, you're usually expected to provide an after school snack every day. I'd make the before rate $30 (if that's what you decide on), but charge a bit more for the afternoon only rate to allow for snacks- SA's eat a lot!
legomom922 06:14 AM 09-08-2010
Well I was going to offer breakfast in the am if needed too...Personally, I think $10 day or $50 wk is too little...but it seems to be the going rate around here. So by the time you get $10, and take out money for food & taxes, there is not much left, and I dont know how to market the spaces to get more $$ for it to really mak eit worth my while. KWIM? Since I'm not licensed, I can only have them here for a total of 3 hrs or less, and when you break that down per hr, it's like $3...plus the food & tax...I dont know maybe I wont even do it now...I just doesnt sound very appealing at the moment...
momma2girls 06:53 AM 09-08-2010
Originally Posted by legomom922:
Well I was going to offer breakfast in the am if needed too...Personally, I think $10 day or $50 wk is too little...but it seems to be the going rate around here. So by the time you get $10, and take out money for food & taxes, there is not much left, and I dont know how to market the spaces to get more $$ for it to really mak eit worth my while. KWIM? Since I'm not licensed, I can only have them here for a total of 3 hrs or less, and when you break that down per hr, it's like $3...plus the food & tax...I dont know maybe I wont even do it now...I just doesnt sound very appealing at the moment...
I don't serve breakfast and have a $50.00 a week per child fee. If it is one or the other, either before or after I charge $30.00 per week per child.
Tags:contract, contracts
Reply Up