Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Stressing Me Out!!!
MsMe 05:19 PM 04-28-2011
Today I finaly admitted to myself that two of my DCK are ruining everything for me.

I have had DCB 4 since he was 6wks old. his sister is 23mo. They were both perfect babies! but as soon as their 1st birthdays they turned into monsters. teh DCB bounces between bi-poler type mood swings and sllight autism. If another child so much as looks at a toy the 'wrong' way (not to mention whrn they talk directly to the boy himself!!!) he is histarical (screaming not only crying) DCG is following in his foot steps. She is currently going through a phase that started off as being hystericaly scared of SA boys and men but has progressed to ANYONE other than me, my partner, and her parents. DCG ONLY whines never talks. Everything is "MINE" and noone else is allowed to touch it. Her btoerh also went through this phase (1yr to 2.5yrs) I know much of this seems like normal toddler behavior but let me tell you know I know what is notmal and these children are EXTREEM. The cherry on top is that these are my ALWAY HERE NO MATTER WHAT kids. Open to close parent home or not they are here. Even if one is hoem sick the other is here opne to close. I am at my whits end. On the very rare day that they are both sick (I have counted....only twice in four years) they have been bliss full days

Latley I have notices throughout the day they are the 99% of the noise, drama, and stress of the day.

They are sweet children for the few minutes a day they are acting normal and I LOVE them to peices. I could never term for having to 'work too hard' but I am losing my mind.

DCP do everything 'right' as far as contrat is concerned and are nice people that I get along with.

I don't really know if this is vent or if I am looking for advice (any is very welcome) I just had to get it out.
Cat Herder 05:27 PM 04-28-2011
Been there, done that, got the T-Shirt.

The first step is isolating the issue. You did that....

The next step is coming up with a plan of action.....

When I get where you are (when I dread seeing them pull up in the driveway) I put a mark on the calendar 30 days from today.

If I still feel the same, I terminate care. I rarely have to.

I know it sounds rough but once they are gone food tastes better, the air is cleaner, the sun shines brightly and the rest of the group thrives.

Many don't wait as long as I do.... Only you know how long you can take it.
daycare 05:34 PM 04-28-2011
Originally Posted by Catherder:
Been there, done that, got the T-Shirt.

The first step is isolating the issue. You did that....

The next step is coming up with a plan of action.....

When I get where you are (when I dread seeing them pull up in the driveway) I put a mark on the calendar 30 days from today.

If I still feel the same, I terminate care. I rarely have to.

I know it sounds rough but once they are gone food tastes better, the air is cleaner, the sun shines brightly and the rest of the group thrives.

Many don't wait as long as I do.... Only you know how long you can take it.
I am stealing that method,..... My DCF that already gets a huge savings and is asking for me was supposed to pay today at pick up and said...uuummm Can I pay you tomorrow?? WTheck

marked my calendar two min ago.......love that idea..

dont know why I didnt think of that... I always say to myself when it comes to personal battles...If it still bothers you in a week you need to talk about it, otherwise let it go....
Cat Herder 05:45 PM 04-28-2011
I am glad you like it.

That is how my Grandma taught me to make all major (over $100) purchase decisions.

I now use it for just about any major decision that I have the luxury of time to think on.

It is empowering without enabling me to be so emotionally spontaneous.

My DH says it gives me time for rational behavior to kick in once the rage hormones phase out but I think it just gets him off the hook alot....
cheerfuldom 06:38 PM 04-28-2011
I term once I dread the sound of the car in my driveway and then breath a sigh of relief when they are gone. This has happened with one family about two years ago. I felt about 10 years younger after they were gone for good. Life is too short to hate your job and be uncomfortable or stressed in your own home! The best part of being self employed is that you do have control over this!
Jenjo 11:58 AM 04-29-2011
I have two DCB 6 and 7 that I have watched for two years. When they are not here things are just more pleasant, all of the kids seem happier, I am happier and free play is just more enjoyable. They are leaving my care in 24 days and I think it is for the best. Good Luck!
Tags:stressed
Reply Up