Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
1 2
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>31 Days of Happy!
SilverSabre25 03:26 PM 12-15-2011
Today's happy: all the gifts that have arrived are gathered together in one place, waiting to be wrapped. The wrapping paper is there too, as are all the ribbons and tags and bows and things. I just need tape and scissors, and time to myself, and I'll be good to start wrapping!
Country Kids 04:58 PM 12-15-2011
OK I'm going to buy the Mr. Rodgers Cardigan!!! Another wonderful, great day. Started off a little rough (with one of my own children) but that soon passed. Had a great morning and it flowed really smooth.

This afternoon we went to my youngests Christmas party at school. The kids where pretty good and all went well. My child was thankful that even though I had to bring the dck's, I could still come.

Now, I'm sooooo excited! I'm taking tomorrow off for a surprise for my youngest child. They are having a "Christmas Dinner" at lunch time tomorrow for parents and children. My child wanted me to come so bad, so I quietly took tomorrow off and emailed the teacher that I was coming but not to let my child know. I can't wait to see the look on their face tomorrow!

I talked to the principal today and she said they had over 100 parents sign up to come and eat. How exciting is that for parent involvement!!! Can't wait to enjoy my 3 day weekend-yes.

The funny thing is that today I was actually going to write a vent, and now that the day is over and it went so good, I can't even remember what it was about. Must not have been that big of a deal!
SilverSabre25 07:34 PM 12-15-2011
I want a new positive for the day...this one is better.

DS usually nurses to sleep. Yah, whatever, he's mine I can do what I want. He's always been prone to falling asleep well on his own given the chance, though that had fallen by the wayside recently as he learned to crawl, sit unassisted, and pull to standing all in the span of one and a half weeks. His little baby brain had a lot going on and it was making sleeping difficult.

Anyway, tonight he was tired in my arms, fussy and not really wanting to nurse. So I went and laid him in his bed. Kissed him and turned out the light, but left the hall light on. I heard one quiet fussy squawk, then nothing. I checked on him five minutes later and he was snoring.

We will be practicing this again tomorrow.
daycare 07:44 PM 12-15-2011
oh my I am so jealous. My 4 year old still has to be put to bed with me in the room and then will wake up several times a night. Always ends up in my bed around midnight...
SilverSabre25 07:59 PM 12-15-2011
Originally Posted by daycare:
oh my I am so jealous. My 4 year old still has to be put to bed with me in the room and then will wake up several times a night. Always ends up in my bed around midnight...
My 4 yo has been the same way most of her life. She was a terrible sleeper as a baby...there was *nothing* I could have ever done to change it or fix her. I tried letting her cry, but she was the type to go into hysterics if I left her for more than a minutes.

She's a good sleeper now though...in fact the past three nights I haven't even needed to be with her, amazingly enough!
hoopinglady 05:02 AM 12-16-2011
I have an interview today...with a 3 month old. Tooooo sweet. (my world is fixin' to be turned upside down, lol)
Meyou 05:11 AM 12-16-2011
My income tax refund that I wasn't expecting until January was in the bank this morning when DH checked. Woo hooooooooo!
kidkair 12:16 PM 12-16-2011
My cat has been curling up with me again (she shunned my husband and I for awhile when we brought a kitten into the house).
newtodaycare22 03:43 PM 12-17-2011
My first "Kids Night" was a success! Hubby and I took the kids to a park that was decorated with Christmas lights, which they LOVED. Home for dinner, decorating reindeer pictures, and in PJS for some movies! It was a quick 200 dollars and the parents were extremely thankful for the time to shop/wrap presents.
SilverSabre25 07:55 PM 12-17-2011
December 16th:
Went to a Christmas party and had a lot of fun. Played games and DD played amazingly well with her cousins. DS was loved on by everyone and I didn't even see him for about an hour as he was being entertained by a close friend who doesn't ever get to see her own grandchildren.

December 17th:
The Christmas shopping is DONE. If I don't have it, I'm doing without. I am NOT going back into the stores except to get groceries tomorrow...and then I'm getting enough to last until after Christmas.
kidkair 12:45 PM 12-23-2011
Has everyone been too busy to write their happy? I know I have been.
This week has definitely been an up and down week but now it's Friday!
My happy for today was that I got to hold and play with a 6 month old. She is so adorable! This past week we had Children's Day and I was very happy with how it went and how well the kid behaved with their new toys. I got my license renewed and the kids were wonderfully behaved and patiently waiting to go outside as soon as the licensor left. I had a child take a three hour nap yesterday. Kids have been picked up early and my husband has helped with cleaning even more than usual. He also helped hang the full time kids' hand print plaques on the wall. Lots of happy!
Sunchimes 02:04 PM 12-23-2011
I just have one baby today. I got a text this morning telling me that I won't have another dck until Wednesday. I wasn't expecting that!

Gifts wrapped, baking nearly done, and 4 days off!

Merry Christmas everyone!
kidkair 04:02 PM 12-27-2011
I had lots of happiness over the weekend! I was happy there was no snow as I was traveling. I was happy to be in company with so many wonderful people. I was happy for a warm bed to curl up in. I was happy to sleep in. I was happy for again no snow while traveling and again wonderful people as company. I was happy for my day off Monday. And today I was happy for a nice quiet day which has stretched into what will be a nice quiet week and happy for an interview and a part-timer starting soon.
kidkair 06:45 AM 12-30-2011
All my kids stayed home today so I get a 4 day weekend! Happy New Year Everyone!
Tags:positive, positive praise
1 2
Reply Up