Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Before & After
MsLaura529 04:13 AM 08-14-2013
Here is my infant nap room/storage room that I was able to finish organizing last night - and good thing because my one new DCK who starts today will be sleeping in there (he's not ready for a cot yet).

DH said no to cupboards and shelving on the walls. So I bought a bunch of tubs - the ones along the window are all of my themes from this summer. Not sure what I'm going to do when we get into the alphabet/shapes/numbers starting in the fall, but I guess I'll figure something out It's still not completely finished. We are taking down that computer on the desk, and I'll be able to use that desk as more storage area (printer will stay up on the filing cabinet, it's wireless), and we need to find hooks for one more shelf in the art cabinet that got lost during our move last year.

So this is the before and in the next post will be the after (it looks extra dark because it was 11:30 last night when I took the picture haha).
Attached: 2013-08-06.jpg (139.6 KB) 
MsLaura529 04:14 AM 08-14-2013
here.
Attached: 2013-08-14.jpg (121.8 KB) 
Familycare71 05:08 AM 08-14-2013
Definitely coming along!! . Your hubby sure likes to say no a lot!!
MsLaura529 07:16 AM 08-14-2013
Haha ... he just doesn't want to have to add more to the list of things to do. We just moved into this house 2 days before Christmas and I started setting up the daycare a week after that ... so a half a year later we are still trying to get everything moved into place and organize and such (previous owners - MIL and FIL left a BUNCH of stuff here in the basement and garage so we are still trying to work around all of that).
Familycare71 08:09 AM 08-14-2013
Originally Posted by MsLaura529:
Haha ... he just doesn't want to have to add more to the list of things to do. We just moved into this house 2 days before Christmas and I started setting up the daycare a week after that ... so a half a year later we are still trying to get everything moved into place and organize and such (previous owners - MIL and FIL left a BUNCH of stuff here in the basement and garage so we are still trying to work around all of that).
Well- that's life!! At least my life anyway always something to do!!! I will say tho I have found if I don't do it 100% the first time I just end up going back and redoing it again.
I am not sure where you are or what you license requires but I don't think the bins and things would pass inspection for me for a dc use area. Even if the kids are in pack and plays the room has to 100% kid proof as if they are not.
preschoolteacher 11:17 AM 08-14-2013
I like your wall color!

In MN, I don't think having bins on the floor would pass inspection... Have you emptied everything out of the desk (pens, paperclips, etc.)? I have a toddler bed in our office too, and it was a pain cleaning everything out!

What we did was get one of those hanging shoe storage things for the closet. They sell them at Ikea or Target. There is a container for each shoe and a little drawer that slides in. We keep our desk stuff in there now.

I also used oven locks (!) to lock the desk drawers! There is an oven lock on each pull-out drawer. It works really well to keep the kids out.
preschoolteacher 11:20 AM 08-14-2013
Also--I totally get it about the husband saying no to projects! I feel like I'm working mine wayyy too hard getting ready for the daycare. He comes home from work each night and is building the fence, installing locks or gates, etc.

I wish I was handier! I have had to learn how to do "easier" projects like hang shelves, etc. in order to get it all done. It takes me much longer than my husband and I sometimes have to re-do my work, but I'm getting better with practice...

One thing that is really helpful is the Do-It-Herself workshops at Home Depot! Training classes just for women. It's usually free.
MsLaura529 11:27 AM 08-14-2013
There are no drawers on the desk actually (when they were moving it off the truck, the drawers fell out and broke) so it's jus a stack of paper where the drawer used to be.

My filing cabinet has some pencils and stuff in the top drawer, but it locks. And the art cabinet has a lock on it.

When my inspector came out initially, I still had some tubs in that room (things we hadn't unpacked yet) and she didn't mention anything about those being there? Hm, I'll have to look into it more I guess. If it won't work, I can move them down into the basement. It will just be more planning for me each night to make sure I have everything back up that I need for the next day. I'm still trying to convince him of getting some shelving and/or cupboards in there. Its not necessarily just having him do it, it's also the money, too.
Tags:layout, layout - nap room, organizing, storage organizer - cube
Reply Up