Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Breastfeeding
grateday 10:03 AM 10-23-2013
I have some kiddos here with nursing moms and I nurse my son and I am not the touchy feely type but I get kids going after my ta tas over here a lot lately. I cover up if I nurse my kiddo because I don't want them to worry about what is going on under there I am a little germophobic too
Familycare71 10:08 AM 10-23-2013

Sorry! But I LOL! I have a large chest and even tho I haven't nursed in years little ones still just love them! I just remove their hand if they are trying to squish or touch them. I don't make it a big deal- they are just following their instinct. The fact that you nurse means you smell like milk too. It's the same as if a bottle fed baby saw a bottle- it means FOOD!
Lavender 11:05 AM 10-23-2013
When I first started working at a childcare, I was weaning from pumping for my friend's son (I carried him as their surrogate). The breastfed babies kept trying to nuzzle me; it was a bit awkward! After I weaned they no longer were quite so interested.
grateday 12:33 PM 10-23-2013
Originally Posted by Lavender:
When I first started working at a childcare, I was weaning from pumping for my friend's son (I carried him as their surrogate). The breastfed babies kept trying to nuzzle me; it was a bit awkward! After I weaned they no longer were quite so interested.
That is wonderful that you did that for your friend. Beautiful angel people you are, to give life to someone else.
grateday 12:34 PM 10-23-2013
Originally Posted by Familycare71:

Sorry! But I LOL! I have a large chest and even tho I haven't nursed in years little ones still just love them! I just remove their hand if they are trying to squish or touch them. I don't make it a big deal- they are just following their instinct. The fact that you nurse means you smell like milk too. It's the same as if a bottle fed baby saw a bottle- it means FOOD!
I was hoping someone might find it funny and relate, thank you
Holiday Park 09:14 AM 10-24-2013
I actually wet nursed a baby in my care,for a short period to help with her adjustment to the bottle. And to help sooth her to sleep because I was teaching her to take naps. Her parents never put her down for nap and she wpuld come cranky and over tired. It was at her MOMs request and I was more than willing to help. She was not producing enough and was using donor milk as well,until baby was transitioned to formula. I still have a picture my mom took of me nursing both her 6 month old and my 12 mon4h old at the time.
SilverSabre25 09:34 AM 10-24-2013
Holiday, that's awesome! I wish wet nursing were no longer so taboo, lol

I have other breastfed babies nuzzle me or ask for milk ALL the time. I just smile at them and say, "Sorry! I know it's confusing but my milk is for [DS] just like your mama's milk is for you!" or something to that extent. I actually feel rather flattered when other babes recognize the scent and are ilke, "Mmm, milk!"
Tags:breastfeeding in daycare, vent
Reply Up