Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>What Are Your Silly Pet Peeves?
daycarediva 11:07 AM 10-05-2017
Anything that bothers you insanely more than it should?

"I'm doooonnneee." about anything is it for me. I hate it when my own kids say it. If it's a center- just move on already. No need to announce it. If it's a meal, that isn't how we ask to be excused anyway.

When they goof pronouns. "Her said" "Him is doing..." ARGH.

My new dck says "I don't want to like it." about everything. Saying no thanks when invited to play with a peer? 'I don't want to like it.' Kids asking are like today at lunch other dcg told her "THEN DON'T LIKE IT."
midaycare 11:25 AM 10-05-2017
Crying/Screaming for things other than being hurt. I have a dcg who should be an actress. Someone has a toy she wants? Boom! Instant tears, shrieking. I always panic and think the worst, like she fell and hit her head. Drives me bananas.

Kids who "try" a craft for 30 second and say "I'm done". Welp. Maybe you could try coloring with a different color? Crafts = tons of direction. I'm more of a finished product kind of person. I don't like the process. I'm not artistic at all. I have had more Pinterest fails than I can count.
Blackcat31 12:57 PM 10-05-2017
The pronoun thing is driving me insane right now!

"Can me have a tissue?"
"Me wants that toy truck"

For me though, it's a regressive thing. Something my DCK has already mastered but when DCD is in the picture the baby talk is down right ridiculous and clearly why DCK has taken up talking that way again.

Another pet peeve right now is LONG time parents that call or text me and ask what my illness policies are (pink eye, strep... ) "Gee DCM (3 kids and 11 yrs of full time daycare here) YOU should easily be able to tell me what my policy is in regards to pink eye."
Sweet pea 01:00 PM 10-05-2017
Oh she/he is just teething.

Drives me insane, kids these days seem to teeth fir the first 2. 1/2 years straight 😂
Blackcat31 01:03 PM 10-05-2017
Oh, and kids who know far too much about adult life that the only thing they have been able to share during circle time lately is that their mom has to get her oil changed and that mom/dad got a new Sleep Number bed but it's out of stock and won't be delivered until the end of the month.

Um, you're 4. Those things aren't really things you should be concerned about....

This week alone I've been reprimanded for giving younger sibling a Vanilla Wafer whole (I should really cut that up so they don't choke) and for not soothing younger sib the same mom does at home (left hip, head on my shoulder and rub back while saying "Shhh" instead of "it's okay.") ~ yeah, I don't know anything about taking care of kids.
midaycare 01:08 PM 10-05-2017
If we're including parents...kids being picked up and brought in...when they are older than 2. Dcg comes in every morning, age 3. She is being carried in, handed off to me. I set her down, dcg screams. Won't walk up the stairs by herself in the morning. I have to decide each morning if it's worth the fight.

Also, I have a dcm who comes late for breakfast every single day and won't wait for me to come get her child. She charges in, then runs over to the steps (daycare is in lower level, kitchen on middle floor). I secretly think dcm is trying to see what I'm making for breakfast each morning. Every morning I hear her walk in and race to cut her off at the stairs. No one walks around my home. No one.
AmyKidsCo 01:09 PM 10-05-2017
I had a 5 yr old whose favorite word was "disgusting."

When people say "on accident" instead of "by accident."

DCK telling me "Baby's crying" or "Phone's ringing," etc.

DCK constantly telling me what they're doing: "I'm drinking my milk." "I'm building a tower." "I'm peeing!" (potty trained child on toilet - it's different when they're learning)

Also when they repeat themselves because I ignored them the first time. "I'm drinking my milk." (silence) "I said, I'm drinking my milk." (silence) "Miss Amy! I SAID, I'm DRINKING my MILK!" "OK."
Snowmom 01:13 PM 10-05-2017
Ohhhh, I hate the "I'm done" thing.

Plus:

"He/She took that away from me."

"I had that first."

And what's with wiping noses/faces on the carpet? Yeah kid, don't do that. It's gross and honestly, it can't feel that good either.
daisymay 01:24 PM 10-05-2017
My thing is when kids ask questions they know the answer to. For example, after lunch they are to clear their dishes, push in their chairs and go potty and wash hands. I remind the younger ones (2 and young 3) but not the 4 (almost 5) year old. He will ask me “do I go potty and wash hands now?” As much as I want to say “what have you done every day after lunch for the last two years!?!?” I usually either say “you know the answer to that question” grrrrr....
AmyKidsCo 02:08 PM 10-05-2017
Originally Posted by daisymay:
My thing is when kids ask questions they know the answer to. For example, after lunch they are to clear their dishes, push in their chairs and go potty and wash hands. I remind the younger ones (2 and young 3) but not the 4 (almost 5) year old. He will ask me “do I go potty and wash hands now?” As much as I want to say “what have you done every day after lunch for the last two years!?!?” I usually either say “you know the answer to that question” grrrrr....
YES!

But I think it's partly adults' fault because they ask kids stupid questions that they already know the answer to. "What's on your shirt today?" "What color is that block?" "What did we do at Grandma's last night?"
Mom2Two 03:21 PM 10-05-2017
Originally Posted by Sweet pea:
Oh she/he is just teething.

Drives me insane, kids these days seem to teeth fir the first 2. 1/2 years straight 😂
Sweet Pea, where are you from in NZ? BIL is kiwi.
Mom2Two 03:26 PM 10-05-2017
When kids want to talk to me when I'm in the bathroom. My two did it. Once in a while DH does it. Sometimes Dcks yell out to me when I'm in the bathroom. I really don't want to have a conversation from the other side of the bathroom door.

Dcg who is always wanting my attention.

Slightly OCD dcb5 who has to report every single step of everything he accomplishes.
Sweet pea 04:59 PM 10-05-2017
Originally Posted by Mom2Two:
Sweet Pea, where are you from in NZ? BIL is kiwi.
I'm in Wellington
flying_babyb 06:41 PM 10-05-2017
"I CANT" fallowed by tears when they havent even tried.That and crying when there shoe falls off (even though they KNOW how to put it on). I tell them over and over "I dont want to hear I cant! I wanna hear I TRIED". Most of my kids will now tell me "me try, Me fail"
storybookending 09:45 PM 10-05-2017
When your brother laughs when you tell him he has a late fee of $12.. no bro I love you and dear niece but if things aren’t told to me before hand, you bet I’m holding you just as accountable as my other parents. I had plans that night and you made me late. SIL is pissed, at him, not me..
Josiegirl 02:09 AM 10-06-2017
So we're talking just dc pet peeves eh? Cause I have so many others.

Okay, dc....
dcps who bring their little ones in underwear just because they did so great over the weekend but still don't poop in the potty nor will they tell you they need to go plus they'll sit on the potty for 10 minutes, only to get into the playroom and fully soak their pull-ups. Yep, ready for underwear. AT HOME.

Dcm who obviously needs a sounding board for her ex-SO issues because she doesn't mind talking my ears off. Then I ask her how dcb seems to be doing and she shrugs and says ok.

Dcm whose oldest dd has been a handful, especially since baby sis has come along; says to me she realizes it's hard not giving 1 on 1 attention at dc so nothing against me. Could it have anything to do with out of the last 15 pics she's posted on FB they've all been of baby sis?

Parents who always put ME time ahead of MY CHILD time.

BUT MOST of my pet peeves revolve around parents who swear NO is a bad word and will damage their child beyond repair.
midaycare 05:26 AM 10-06-2017
Originally Posted by Josiegirl:
So we're talking just dc pet peeves eh? Cause I have so many others.

Okay, dc....
dcps who bring their little ones in underwear just because they did so great over the weekend but still don't poop in the potty nor will they tell you they need to go plus they'll sit on the potty for 10 minutes, only to get into the playroom and fully soak their pull-ups. Yep, ready for underwear. AT HOME.

Dcm who obviously needs a sounding board for her ex-SO issues because she doesn't mind talking my ears off. Then I ask her how dcb seems to be doing and she shrugs and says ok.

Dcm whose oldest dd has been a handful, especially since baby sis has come along; says to me she realizes it's hard not giving 1 on 1 attention at dc so nothing against me. Could it have anything to do with out of the last 15 pics she's posted on FB they've all been of baby sis?

Parents who always put ME time ahead of MY CHILD time.

BUT MOST of my pet peeves revolve around parents who swear NO is a bad word and will damage their child beyond repair.
I know someone like the mom who gives attention to one child, not the other. She has a young girl, age 2. Two older boys, ages 7 and 10. She never gives the boys ant attention, while the girl gets everything special Thankfully not a dcm.
Miss A 05:52 AM 10-06-2017
"I'm working different hours so I can get off earlier and spend more time with my kids." Which translates to "I'm going to get off earlier and run errands or have me time, then pick my kids up at their usual time"
DaveA 06:02 AM 10-06-2017
Originally Posted by Miss A:
"I'm working different hours so I can get off earlier and spend more time with my kids." Which translates to "I'm going to get off earlier and run errands or have me time, then pick my kids up at their usual time"
Good Lord YES! I don't care if you get off early and use the time to get stuff done. Just don't say you'll be here early when you and I both know it will be the usual pickup time.

For me right now it's "WHY?" from school agers. You've been here for years and are old enough to know how things go here. You know why. Because I said so- that's why.
amberrose3dg 06:15 AM 10-06-2017
Exactly. I had a parent text me at 345 yesterday to tell me her kid was staying after and she be there to pick up right around the time she got to my house. Kid gets here at 415. Not only does mom not show up at that time she is actually late by almost 10 minutes! I cannot stand that crap!
Show up when you say you will.
TheMisplacedMidwestMom 08:53 AM 10-06-2017
Learned helplessness... the kid can do it, I promise, just back up dcm/d. He's acting like he can't because you've taught him he can't.
daycarediva 09:05 AM 10-06-2017
Today it's dcb's hoarse sounding voice. He needs to clear his throat, but he (at 4!) doesn't know how to cough voluntarily? There's other concerns, obviously, but it sounds like garbled throaty phlegm when he talks today. *cringe*
Annalee 09:24 AM 10-06-2017
My biggest pet peeve is when children whine, especially a perfectly spoken child that regresses to talking in a whine to tell me something......I tell them I am not listening until they put on their big kid voice.
Josiegirl 09:45 AM 10-06-2017
Originally Posted by daycarediva:
Today it's dcb's hoarse sounding voice. He needs to clear his throat, but he (at 4!) doesn't know how to cough voluntarily? There's other concerns, obviously, but it sounds like garbled throaty phlegm when he talks today. *cringe*
Ewww, don't you wish there was a button(or app lol) to push that would make them do it when they won't?
Unregistered 09:58 AM 10-06-2017
My 3 year old day care boy is in the "watch me!" phase.
This morning I watched him: blink, cross his legs, hop on two feet, and attempt a donkey kick during dance time that almost knocked the toddler into next week.

Reminding clients I am off Monday for Columbus Day and being told that it was fine as they were off too. I'm not looking for your approval, I'd be off even if you weren't.

Arriving as my school kids have to leave and then blocking the door as they are trying to get out.
MissAnn 10:44 AM 10-06-2017
Talking over each other, competing for who can be the loudest.....nonsense sentences.....just to be the winner of the "I'm loudest" contest.
Mom2Two 02:18 PM 10-09-2017
Originally Posted by daycarediva:
Eww, gross! Maybe a strong pat on the back? Have him jump up and down a bit?
Josiegirl 03:28 PM 10-09-2017
Made Swiss Steak for lunch for 5 dcks today. One dck ate it all. The others didn't like it. How would they even know when it looked exactly the same on the plate when I threw it away as when I put it there. Same with breakfast, yummy homemade banana bread muffins, same dck ate his. Others never even tried them. But they didn't like them.
Max 08:21 AM 10-10-2017
DCB1 is *always* dressed in clothes too small. He’s a big kid too so he’s bulging at the arms and legs usually
daycarediva 11:06 AM 10-10-2017
Eww, gross! Maybe a strong pat on the back? Have him jump up and down a bit?
Tried the patting. It's a continuing gross thing, I'll have to try the jumping!

Today, it's dcb's musty clothes. Like they sat in the washing machine too long. So I dig in his cubby to change him and the 'clean' clothes smell the same exact way. So I put him in extras, and washed all of his laundry. I couldn't hold him, I was gagging. PLUS, he sweats and that made it SO much worse.
Mom2Two 11:37 AM 10-10-2017
Originally Posted by Max:
DCB1 is *always* dressed in clothes too small. He’s a big kid too so he’s bulging at the arms and legs usually
Yes!!! I hate it when you're trying to put pants back on after a diaper and you can barely shove them on!
Mummy101 04:10 PM 10-10-2017
Originally Posted by daisymay:
“you know the answer to that question” grrrrr....
YES, I say that CONSTANTLY! Mine commandeers my attention to ask the question only to answer it in the same sentence. Almost 5-year-old: Instead of asking directly for something saying, “I wish I could …” or if I have said no to something “I wish I could …… but I can’t” Bratty exclamations such as “Daw” and “Ewwwa” (instead of aw and eww) Purposeful taunting under breath “I have your bike or I am using the _________ first.” “Can I _______?” "No, not right now." Ten minutes later “Can I _______now?” repeat more 4 times until I say “If you ask again we won’t be able to _______ today.” Half an hour later “Can I _______now?”

I do not provide food. DCP conveniently “forgetting” to pack lunch. At least once a week. Children arriving in poop and/or overnight diapers AND no changes of clothes.
Both of my DCPs show up 5-10 minutes late EVERY DAY despite explicitly clear notices explaining not to do this and that children must be GONE BEFORE this time!!!!! AGGGH Sending out third notice on this one! (I can’t charge late fees, they are subsidized spots.)

#1 Ultimate pet peeve: When parents bring their children on their day off every week and also get out of work at 3 but won’t pick up until 5- Every. Single. Day. Then proceed to tell you they will be late because they are shopping or how tired they are because they had to wake from their nap to get their child. I don’t have one now but I used to and my blood boils just reminiscing!

Venting is nicer knowing we all share some of the same grievances
Georgiads 06:12 PM 10-10-2017
I close on major holidays. The holidays are noted in the contract and in quarterly updates.

The Friday before a 3 day weekend I always hear " Oh are you closed Monday? (Whomp whomp) Yeah I still have to work"

Me inside " Not my fault you work for a crappy company, See you next Tuesday!"
Unregistered 05:55 AM 10-11-2017
Yes!!! I hate it when you're trying to put pants back on after a diaper and you can barely shove them on!
I have the opposite problem right now. Mom puts 10 month old in 18 mths clothes because he's a little "thick". With his clothes constantly hanging over his hands and feet, it's almost impossible for him to pull himself up without falling over, slipping or his pants coming off from stepping on them. I'm constantly rolling them up!
Unregistered 05:58 AM 10-11-2017
When a child asks a question over and over without taking a breath because they know you are in another conversation at the time. Can I have a drink can I have a drink can I have a drink....AHHHH!

Or when they interrupt adult conversation. Huge pet peeve for daycare and my own children!
lovemykidstoo 06:30 AM 10-11-2017
Oh boy lol. I have several that you guys have as well.

To start the day, the kids that get carried in. They are all able to walk except the baby I have. They're 2 to 3 1/2 years old and they get carried in. Then the 1 stands there and holds his feet up so mom can take off his shoes 1 at a time. He's 3 1/2. ugh!

The 3 1/2 year old dcb that talks in a very high tone. I tell him to talk normal and he says ok in a normal voice. It's like fingernails on chalkboard.

Oh yes the pronound thing. "Me done", "Me have to go potty". etc.

Parents that have to come minutes before I truly open so they can get to work on time, but yet stand and talk for 5 minutes.
Miss A 08:24 AM 10-11-2017
Today it is "why?" about EVERYTHING! Let's get you cleaned up. "Why?" It's time to change diapers. "Why?" We do not run in the house. "Why?" Why? Because I said so.
daycarediva 08:43 AM 10-11-2017
I'm dooooooonnnneeeeeee continues to top my list.

Clean clothes on musty dcb.

Jumping did not help the phlegm talker.

Add to this list- "show her what you brought" when you know dang well I'm going to say "remind mommy of the rules!" 😂
Unregistered 09:14 AM 10-11-2017
Originally Posted by Unregistered:
When a child asks a question over and over without taking a breath because they know you are in another conversation at the time. Can I have a drink can I have a drink can I have a drink....AHHHH!

Or when they interrupt adult conversation. Huge pet peeve for daycare and my own children!
YES! This morning I was comforting my one toddler and the 3 year old dcb keeps asking for water, loudly. I pointed out that his (full) water bottle was on the counter well within his reach. What does he do? Walks over and pushes it back on the counter so it's out of his reach, then tells me I need to get his water.
He was a thirsty boy.
caregiver 12:30 PM 10-11-2017
Oh I have many pet peeves also,most of them are with the parents!
Child comes barefoot,in 40 to 50 degree weather....DCP"She wouldn't let me put her shoes and socks on and it's not worth the fight" as she hands me the shoes and socks.

Parents that say I will bring my child at such and such a time, and one hour later they show up, no explanation.

Child is under dressed for the weather, it is cold in Mn this time of year. DCP" It's warm in the car so they will be okay" And then parents wonder why their child gets sick!

After leaving my home, they let the child play in my front yard,getting into dirt and the decorative stones and me just hoping the child doesn't hurt themselves all the while the parent is trying to get the child in the car to go home, but letting the child have their way, because they are to tired to discipline them after working all day.

And this one is a biggy...parents that don't discipline their
child because it is too much trouble and takes too much time out of what they want to do. (The "ME" Thing)
CityGarden 01:00 PM 10-11-2017
Randomly odd item but I dislike when parents ask about their child's day and want small talk at pick up when I give them a written note stating how the day was the is specific to their child.
happymom 01:20 PM 10-11-2017
Originally Posted by care giver:

Child is under dressed for the weather, it is cold in Mn this time of year. DCP" It's warm in the car so they will be okay" And then parents wonder why their child gets sick!
My children are never ever in coats in the car because coats are dangerous in car seats. To me it's silly to put on a coat to walk 20ft from the car to the daycare. They wear cotton hoodies and I send a coat if it's cold enough.

That said, improper car seat usage is definitely my pet peeve. LOL. That, and when people put laundry ON TOP of the hamper lid.
Josiegirl 02:23 AM 10-12-2017
Originally Posted by Unregistered:
YES! This morning I was comforting my one toddler and the 3 year old dcb keeps asking for water, loudly. I pointed out that his (full) water bottle was on the counter well within his reach. What does he do? Walks over and pushes it back on the counter so it's out of his reach, then tells me I need to get his water.
He was a thirsty boy.
What a typical kid thing to do. But why oh why??
Cat Herder 04:15 AM 10-12-2017
When parents talk to me in sing-song baby voice. Makes me want to throat punch them, just a bit.

Infant skinny jeans. White clothing. Infant jumpsuits without diaper snaps.

The tri-fecta of white infant jumpsuit with skinny legs and no diaper snaps ends up getting lost until the infant outgrows them. Every. Time. It is baffling.
Cat Herder 04:18 AM 10-12-2017
Originally Posted by happymom:
My children are never ever in coats in the car because coats are dangerous in car seats. To me it's silly to put on a coat to walk 20ft from the car to the daycare. They wear cotton hoodies and I send a coat if it's cold enough. .
That is what I tell my clients. I recommend a car blanket and keeping a winter coat here for playground use. If they send a white one or one without some water resistance for snow play, I send it back. Relentlessly.
daycarediva 04:34 AM 10-12-2017
Originally Posted by Cat Herder:
That is what I tell my clients. I recommend a car blanket and keeping a winter coat here for playground use. If they send a white one or one without some water resistance for snow play, I send it back. Relentlessly.
YES!

Car seat safety is HUGE pet peeve of mine.
Unregistered 09:35 AM 10-12-2017
When parents give their kids my check to hand to me.
Especially if the said child is in the mouthing/crinkling stage.
Because everyone wants a wet, wrinkly check.
Hunni Bee 11:47 AM 10-12-2017
-Asking the same question multiple times
-Kids dressed in drab, ugly clothing (come on, this is the time to wear neon and glitter and huge cartoon animals!)
-Parents that act clueless
-Meals that don't cover all the food groups
-Parents: Tell Ms. -- what you ate/saw/said/watched this weekend and 99% of the time the kid does not remember and I have to smile awkwardly while the kid mumbles
-Papers/drawings tossed in the large part of the cubby (and not in the paper compartment)
-The fact my boss talks to all the black employees in this annoying "hey girlfriend!" vernacular
-When people steal my pens
Leigh 12:30 PM 10-12-2017
My kids are all obsessed with shoes. I have a cabinet right by my stairs where my family keeps our most used shoes, and then we put the kids' shoes in it or on top of it during daycare. Every day, we're searching for shoes. They use them like toys! At naptime, I collect everyone's shoes and socks, put the socks inside the shoes and put them where they go. 2 minutes after nap is over, shoes are scattered again. The 2's love to just empty the cabinet over and over. I am trying to think of a way to lock the cabinet that isn't too inconvenient for us to get our own shoes out, but am blocked. I told a parent that I am thinking of buying a combination safe to put the kids' shoes in (and this is the truth-I am considering it) to keep them from losing them over and over and over. If they can reach them, they get them. If I make a meal or use the toilet, they run for the shoes. Maybe they do it to make me crazy? It's working.
Kimskiddos 01:53 PM 10-12-2017
Originally Posted by happymom:
when people put laundry ON TOP of the hamper lid.
I am so guilty of this! There is a small pile of clothes at this very moment on top of my hamper.

It drive ME crazy but not enough to actually open that thing at the end of the day.
Miss A 02:44 PM 10-12-2017
Amen! I HATE improper carseat use! I have a facebook/Snapchat friend who used her infant bucket seat as a forward facing seat, with the straps ha going off the kids shoulders, buckle resting on the belly.

My DH met someone at the 1 stop light our county has right in front of the county courthouse and sheriffs department with an infant in the carseat bungee strapped to the back.

Do people really not value their children's life enough to be diligent about car seat safety?
CeriBear 05:18 AM 10-13-2017
Always asking me why. I have a 3yo boy who is always asking me why when I ask him to do something or even when I state a simple fact!

“Come brush your teeth.” WHY
“Micheal doesn’t come on Thursday.” WHY
“We’re having pizza for lunch today.” WHY

He’s such a sweet kid but this drives me crazy sometimes.

This one has to deal with adults but I hate it when people talk loud on their cell phones in public places. No, I do not want to hear about your hot date last night nor about the fact that your job stinks.

And I hate it when parents cuss in front of their children. I had a 4yo boy last year who thought it was ok to say s**t and a** because “ daddy does.”
daycarediva 05:51 AM 10-13-2017
"Miss ___ will give you a treat if you stop crying."

"Miss ___ doesn't HAVE treats and I certainly don't reward kids for throwing a tantrum. She'll get over it without a treat."

WTH!?

Mom and Dad, I only take payments from ONE parent. Dad has asked me EVERY SINGLE PAYDAY if mom paid me yet "Did she pay you?" every Friday morning gets OLD. She pays at pick up on Friday, after she gets paid. I feel like saying "Why are you asking me when you know the answer?" like I do the kids.
Meeko 06:47 AM 10-13-2017
I loathe hearing parents using the words "Sorry...but he/she INSISTED".

This can be over a toy, food, their clothing for the day etc etc.....

Even though they KNOW the rules, they seem completely incapable of telling their child no. I say no and the child accepts it and then the parents look at me as if I'm a magician or something and say silly things like "Oh! how do you DO that?!!"

I just smile at them, but feel like saying "It's called being the adult"
Cat Herder 07:00 AM 10-13-2017
This morning : 8 empty ice trays and 2 empty bins; in the freezer.
lovemykidstoo 07:12 AM 10-13-2017
A huge one for me right now and it makes me crazy is parents let dcb 3 1/2 years old to ride in the front seat on the way home, unbuckled. We live in a subdivision and they live 5 houses away and 1 house around the corner. All it's gonna take is for 1 person to pull out of their driveway and hit them and the airbag is going off. I was hit one time years ago by someone pulling out of their driveway
happymom 07:54 AM 10-13-2017
This morning : 8 empty ice trays and 2 empty bins; in the freezer.
The horror!
amberrose3dg 08:35 AM 10-13-2017
Yes, the parents that let their kids do whatever. 2 year old lately has been coming in pajamas and the parents are like he didn't want to get dresses and threw a fit. Why is this my problem. I am thinking I am not gonna dress him today and he can stay in those pajamas.
hwichlaz 09:15 AM 10-13-2017
The kids that ask for their cup as I'm serving them their plates.

I give them a cup of milk with breakfast and lunch EVERY time....I've never not given them one. Yet the DEMAND one before I've had a chance to give it. EVERY time. It feels so disrespectful to me. I just want to tell them NO once, lol. I know it's petty but it irks me.
Unregistered 09:48 AM 10-13-2017
When someone stops in to the day care, and either the kids act up or the baby starts to cry and they say "wow you have your hands full!" and it's NOT a compliment.
Actually, I think that phrase is rude. The implication being that you aren't handling your kids. No one says it when everyone is smiling and quiet.
Luna 02:26 PM 10-13-2017
As soon as the children sit down at the table, they round up their spoons and forks and drinks right to the space right in front of themselves, so I have nowhere to put their plate. Every time!
Play Care 09:14 AM 10-17-2017
Originally Posted by hwichlaz:
The kids that ask for their cup as I'm serving them their plates.

I give them a cup of milk with breakfast and lunch EVERY time....I've never not given them one. Yet the DEMAND one before I've had a chance to give it. EVERY time. It feels so disrespectful to me. I just want to tell them NO once, lol. I know it's petty but it irks me.
OMG, yes!! And it's not "please may I have a drink" It's usually a "you FORGOT my drink!"
Since when have I ever forgotten to give you a drink?!
I keep thinking that one day I will be brave enough to do true family style serving so the pitcher is there and they can pour their own drink....
TheMisplacedMidwestMom 01:51 PM 10-17-2017
Infant car seat handles FULL of dangly toys, all the time. Let the kid look around for a bit! Let the kid chill without shoving something bright and noisy in their face. Why oh why do parents feel they need entertained EVERY SECOND?
Miss A 02:20 PM 10-17-2017
Parents who don't let their kids cry at home. How is your baby going to learn to self soothe and be content when you rush to them with every little whimper? Makes my job so much harder when I have to "train" them for daycare.

Also, babies who hate playing on the floor. No baby, I will not hold you, or let you be in the swing all day, or the bumbo or the exersaucer. Do tummy time. Roll around. Build up some muscle for future independance!
daycarediva 11:13 AM 10-18-2017
My dcg- 2.5 is AWFUL anytime her mother shows up. BUT, otherwise is a great kid for me. Today, she's acting like her mom is here ALL DAY.

OH THE TANTRUMS. She screamed for 20 minutes during lunch. That she was hungry.

She followed a dcb around like a stalker waiting for him to drop a toy. He finally just gave it to her and then she handed it to me, smirked, and ran off to do it again (I stopped her).

She made raspberries the entire circle time.

She is mocking people when they cry.

She has begged me for both cookies AND juice. The denial caused epic tantrums.

She is on hour 2 of a nap, since she had to be excused from the lunch table.

Dcb is doing puzzles and said to me "I hope she doesn't wake up for snack."
Tags:pet peeves
Reply Up