Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>California Providers/Mamaroo
proudmommyofthree 02:08 PM 09-10-2018
Hello everyone. I have an infant starting on Monday. She’s a sibling of a child I already have in care. The mom wants to bring her a mamaroo. Which is a swing/bouncer. I know we are allowed a swing but not a bouncer. I’ve called licensing and the receptionist couldn’t answer my question and transferred me to my analyst. Unfortunately his voicemail is full. So I called back and got transferred to the sacramento office. But I’m on hold still. So I figured maybe someone on here would be able to answer for me. Thanks so much .
sharlan 02:35 PM 09-10-2018
Who is your analyst?
hwichlaz 02:41 PM 09-10-2018
I wouldn’t call it a bouncer at all when you talk to them. It looks nothing like one, and doesn’t function like one. It’s an infant seat/swing that swings from the bottom instead of hanging from the top.
hwichlaz 02:43 PM 09-10-2018
I honestly don’t think you’ll get much use out of it. It puts babies to sleep fast, then you’ll have to move her to a. Bed...
proudmommyofthree 07:15 AM 09-11-2018
Originally Posted by sharlan:
Who is your analyst?
Regee I believe
proudmommyofthree 07:22 AM 09-11-2018
Originally Posted by hwichlaz:
I honestly don’t think you’ll get much use out of it. It puts babies to sleep fast, then you’ll have to move her to a. Bed...
I’ve spoken to mom and she admitted that’s how they put her to sleep. I told her i would have to move her to a playpen. And she tells me oh , well she sleeps on her belly 🙄🤦*♀️ I have told all my pregnant moms numerous times that their babies must be bottle trained and sleeping on their backs. I have three moms who gave birth and one more pregnant. So far only one has listened to me regarding bottle training and sleeping baby on the back . Ugh 😑
Cat Herder 07:25 AM 09-11-2018
Originally Posted by proudmommyofthree:
I’ve spoken to mom and she admitted that’s how they put her to sleep. I told her i would have to move her to a playpen. And she tells me oh , well she sleeps on her belly
I would be looking for the camera and Ashton. Surely you have been punked. This is not the 80's. They teach this stuff in the high schools, now.
Blackcat31 08:01 AM 09-11-2018
Originally Posted by proudmommyofthree:
I’ve spoken to mom and she admitted that’s how they put her to sleep. I told her i would have to move her to a playpen. And she tells me oh , well she sleeps on her belly 🙄🤦*♀️ I have told all my pregnant moms numerous times that their babies must be bottle trained and sleeping on their backs. I have three moms who gave birth and one more pregnant. So far only one has listened to me regarding bottle training and sleeping baby on the back . Ugh 😑
They must not be serious about needing child care services then.
I too, tell/educate/inform my pregnant and potential new families with infants what I can and cannot accept in care.

If they don't do their part (bottle/sleep training) I can not and will not do my part.....and I enforce every.single.time.
KSDC 11:35 AM 09-11-2018
I don't allow the parents to bring furniture type items. If i feel that a child needs it, I provide it. If momma wants baby in a Mamaroo, she can do it on her own time - as long as baby can still go to sleep on her back in the crib/PnPlay.

I truly think that some of these instances are examples of moms who would like to be SAHMs and are setting their child up for failure at daycare. They want to be able to say "My child needs me at home" so that they have an excuse to quit their job.
Tags:confinement equipment, infant care, mamaroo, positional asphyxia, positional asphyxiation, siblings, willful ignorance
Reply Up