Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Early Morning with One Child
bubblegum 09:48 AM 08-08-2019
What do you suggest for early morning arrivals? I have one child arriving 30 minutes prior to every one else

(new child)
Cat Herder 10:45 AM 08-08-2019
Do you serve breakfast as they arrive or after everyone is there?
Unregistered 11:19 AM 08-08-2019
morning free play.
while they are playing I have my breakfast, prepare kids' breakfast and meet everyone at the entrance.
I open at 7 am, breakfast is at 9 am.
Ariana 11:41 AM 08-08-2019
I have one child that arrives between an hour to an hour and a half before everyone else. She basically becomes my child and has free reign of the house while I get my kids ready, breakfast etc. She mostly just plays in my upstairs playroom, follows me and my kids around etc so its not a big deal.
knoxmomof2 12:45 PM 08-08-2019
I have this situation. She's 2.5, been here for 1.5 years. I make and eat my breakfast and get their breakfast ready in that half hour. She freeplays.

It's harder when they're new, but I suggest the same. If they seem lost, suggest a toy, show them how it works and settle them where you can see them. Maybe chat with them as you work if you have things to do. If not, it's a great opportunity to do some one on one work with them.
Cat Herder 01:03 PM 08-08-2019
I feed them as they arrive in the kitchen then send them to centers in the playroom.

A couple of years ago I had a paid early arrival (prior to opening) who would come in PJ's and lay back down until someone arrived. It worked well because this child was always overtired from a family that was overscheduled. Some days I would let her sleep until the last arrival, before drop-off cut-off.
springv 02:00 PM 08-08-2019
We open at 6am and serve breakfast until 8:10am and the children eat breakfast and replay while the older children wait for the bus to arrive
bubblegum 04:15 PM 08-08-2019
Thank you for all the replies. I normally serve breakfast at 730.
I think I'm more worried since it's a new child. I think I'll do free play. See how it goes
flying_babyb 05:15 PM 08-08-2019
Ah the "early morning box" works well if free play dosent! We have a small box of quiet toys and games that only are used in the early hours. a coloring book, smaller blocks, velcro matching ect. It makes the time go faster and the child or children feel special that they get to use the "special" toys!
Unregistered 06:42 PM 08-08-2019
Depending on age maybe do a quiet time, like rest or books with soft music, select lights if available.
bubblegum 03:44 PM 08-09-2019
Originally Posted by flying_babyb:
Ah the "early morning box" works well if free play dosent! We have a small box of quiet toys and games that only are used in the early hours. a coloring book, smaller blocks, velcro matching ect. It makes the time go faster and the child or children feel special that they get to use the "special" toys!
great idea!
Tags:schedule
Reply Up