Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Multiple Siblings - Do You Offer Discounts?
sahm1225 02:55 PM 01-17-2011
I have an interview with a family with 3 little ones (2,3, and 5). I am curious as to what other providers would charge for 3! I was thinking of offering a significant discount (since they are only part time), and I still think that is high. My husband says i am selling myself short (basically I am charging what I would charge for 2 kids since the 3rd little one will only be here 2 hours max)..

What do you think?
lvt77 04:03 PM 01-17-2011
I agree dont sell yourself short...you will regret it later... I would charge a flat rate for full day. ie 40 full day and half rate for half day 22... example:
8-12 half day rate no lunch , with lunch add $3.00 pick up at 1:00 Anyone who stays past 1:00pm pays full rate.
Lilbutterflie 04:26 PM 01-17-2011
I have a family with 3 siblings, all full time (3yo, 4yo, 4yo). I usually offer a 10% additional child discount for full time only, but she asked if I could go any lower, so I offered to give her a flat 10% discount. I know you usually get burned when you start off the business relationship with compromise, but she has been a great client. Even with the 10% discount, she still has to pay about $340 per week for the 3. I can't even imagine! When I was in the corporate world, I never would've made enough to really make that worth it! LOL
Cat Herder 03:26 AM 01-18-2011
All of my kids who were supposed to be here for "only a couple hours here and there" ended up being here from open to close within a few months.

I would not recommend starting the relationship with exceptions. You did not give them 3 kids, they chose to have them, it is their responsibility, not yours. (from a Mom of 3 kids)
lvt77 10:45 AM 01-18-2011
Originally Posted by Catherder:
All of my kids who were supposed to be here for "only a couple hours here and there" ended up being here from open to close within a few months.

I would not recommend starting the relationship with exceptions. You did not give them 3 kids, they chose to have them, it is their responsibility, not yours. (from a Mom of 3 kids)
I agree with you 100%, also mom of 3.....
ninosqueridos 11:18 AM 01-18-2011
I don't offer a discount to my dc sibling kids. If they want me to care for one child, $4 is not going to make a difference IMO for care of a second or third child.
KEG123 12:07 PM 01-18-2011
No, I won't be giving sibling discounts.
Blackcat31 12:21 PM 01-18-2011
Siblings do not receive discounted care therefore they do not receive discounted rates. period.
Abigail 11:27 PM 01-18-2011
I would make sure you have individual contracts per child so if that third child is attending more than 2 hours then extra fees can easily be "tacked" on to the rate for the week. I wouldn't say it's a discount, but I might secretly lower the rate by $10 total or whatever number I would agree on without selling myself short. Also, it would greatly depend on how much I needed enrollment too.
Tags:sibling discount, siblings
Reply Up