Daycare.com Forum Daycare Forum

Go Back   Daycare.com Forum > Main Category > Daycare Center and Family Home Forum

Daycare Center and Family Home Forum Daycare Center and Family Home owners, Directors, Operators and Assistants should post and ask questions here.

Old 01-17-2011, 03:55 PM
Advanced Daycare.com Member

Default Multiple Siblings - Do You Offer Discounts?

I have an interview with a family with 3 little ones (2,3, and 5). I am curious as to what other providers would charge for 3! I was thinking of offering a significant discount (since they are only part time), and I still think that is high. My husband says i am selling myself short (basically I am charging what I would charge for 2 kids since the 3rd little one will only be here 2 hours max)..

What do you think?
Old 01-17-2011, 05:03 PM
Daycare Member

I agree dont sell yourself short...you will regret it later... I would charge a flat rate for full day. ie 40 full day and half rate for half day 22... example:
8-12 half day rate no lunch , with lunch add $3.00 pick up at 1:00 Anyone who stays past 1:00pm pays full rate.
Old 01-17-2011, 05:26 PM

I have a family with 3 siblings, all full time (3yo, 4yo, 4yo). I usually offer a 10% additional child discount for full time only, but she asked if I could go any lower, so I offered to give her a flat 10% discount. I know you usually get burned when you start off the business relationship with compromise, but she has been a great client. Even with the 10% discount, she still has to pay about $340 per week for the 3. I can't even imagine! When I was in the corporate world, I never would've made enough to really make that worth it! LOL
Old 01-18-2011, 04:26 AM

All of my kids who were supposed to be here for "only a couple hours here and there" ended up being here from open to close within a few months.

I would not recommend starting the relationship with exceptions. You did not give them 3 kids, they chose to have them, it is their responsibility, not yours. (from a Mom of 3 kids)
Old 01-18-2011, 11:45 AM
Daycare Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catherder View Post
All of my kids who were supposed to be here for "only a couple hours here and there" ended up being here from open to close within a few months.

I would not recommend starting the relationship with exceptions. You did not give them 3 kids, they chose to have them, it is their responsibility, not yours. (from a Mom of 3 kids)
I agree with you 100%, also mom of 3.....
Old 01-18-2011, 12:18 PM
Daycare.com Member

I don't offer a discount to my dc sibling kids. If they want me to care for one child, $4 is not going to make a difference IMO for care of a second or third child.
Old 01-18-2011, 01:07 PM
Where Children Grow

No, I won't be giving sibling discounts.
Old 01-18-2011, 01:21 PM

Siblings do not receive discounted care therefore they do not receive discounted rates. period.
Old 01-19-2011, 12:27 AM
Child Care Provider

I would make sure you have individual contracts per child so if that third child is attending more than 2 hours then extra fees can easily be "tacked" on to the rate for the week. I wouldn't say it's a discount, but I might secretly lower the rate by $10 total or whatever number I would agree on without selling myself short. Also, it would greatly depend on how much I needed enrollment too.

Tags
sibling discount, siblings