Daycare.com Forum Daycare Forum

Go Back   Daycare.com Forum > Main Category > Daycare Center and Family Home Forum

Daycare Center and Family Home Forum Daycare Center and Family Home owners, Directors, Operators and Assistants should post and ask questions here.

Old 03-10-2011, 12:59 PM
Daycare Member

Default Working Up To Terming....

I have a dcb who started in November. He can be a very sweet boy, but he doesn't talk, has no concept of personal space, isn't potty trained, and is very pushy(he is 3 1/2). After cleaning poop off the bathroom walls this morning and orange juice off the floor from breakfast, I have decided I've had enough.
I'm trying to think of a nice way to terminate, but I'm not sure there is such a thing. I was going to have to term someone this summer anyway, but thinking i may just term him now using the reason that would have applied this summer. I have a family that was supposed to leave for the summer, but won't be, so I don't have enough spots. He is the newest enrolled, so he is the first to go. I know his Dad is really happy having him here, but I just can't take it anymore. I hate confrontation, but need to do this for my sanity.
Old 03-10-2011, 01:14 PM
Advanced Daycare.com Moderator

I had to term and just stated that I was not longer able to offer care to the family because I could not meet their needs.
Old 03-10-2011, 01:45 PM
momatheart

Quote:
Originally Posted by daycare View Post
I had to term and just stated that I was not longer able to offer care to the family because I could not meet their needs.
This is a safe thing to say.

they don't know the needs you mean are his demanding needs to make you clean up unnecessary messes.
Old 03-10-2011, 01:52 PM
Daycare Member

This is what I am going to print out for him;

Due to program changes, I will no longer be able to provide care for *** after April 1, 2011.
Our local resource and referral contact # is ***-****, they can assist you in finding alternate care.

If he asks me to elaborate I will tell him that I am taking my capacity down in numbers, which is completely true!
Old 03-10-2011, 01:58 PM
momatheart

Is anyone else getting this letter?
Old 03-10-2011, 02:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnythingsPossible View Post
This is what I am going to print out for him;

Due to program changes, I will no longer be able to provide care for *** after April 1, 2011.
Our local resource and referral contact # is ***-****, they can assist you in finding alternate care.

If he asks me to elaborate I will tell him that I am taking my capacity down in numbers, which is completely true!
I would maybe say,
I have had a great time getting to know little bobby while caring for him. Unfortunately, do to program changes out of my control, I must down size the number of children in my care. Starting ______ I will no longer be able to offer care for you child.

Our local R&R contact info is this

I wish you best of luck to you and your family,
If I can assist you or help you to find another provider please let me know
Old 03-10-2011, 02:17 PM
Daycare Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by momatheart View Post
Is anyone else getting this letter?
No because I only need to eliminate one spot, and he is the most recently enrolled child.
Old 03-10-2011, 02:21 PM
Daycare Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by daycare View Post
I would maybe say,
I have had a great time getting to know little bobby while caring for him. Unfortunately, do to program changes out of my control, I must down size the number of children in my care. Starting ______ I will no longer be able to offer care for you child.

Our local R&R contact info is this

I wish you best of luck to you and your family,
If I can assist you or help you to find another provider please let me know
I altered the actual letter to DCD a bit. Made it a little nicer, not so abrupt. This is what i have printed out;

It is with regret that due to program changes I will be implementing, I will no longer be able to provide care for --- after April 1, 2011.

If you find alternate care sooner, and would like to switch him before April 1st, I completely understand.

We have enjoyed having ---- with us. The number for our daycare referral agency is -------, they should be able to assist you in finding alternate care.
Old 03-10-2011, 02:23 PM

sounds good to me... print it out!! lol

Tags
letter samples, terminate, termination letter