Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Looking For Craft Ideas For Young Toddlers (15 Months)
godiva83 07:27 PM 03-31-2011
I was hoping you guys had some new craft ideas I could attempt with my 15 month olds. I am quickly running out of ideas and considering both the children, and myself enjoy creative time I try and do it daily sometimes twice a day!
Thanks in advance
jessrlee 07:30 PM 03-31-2011
Discount school supply sells stamps with rubber handles. They might be neat. They also have the best finger paint ever! Especially the glitter kind!
godiva83 05:02 AM 04-01-2011
Thanks so much! Glitter finger paint sounds exciting. Is this an online store? I am from Canada and have never heard of it.
jessrlee 05:58 AM 04-01-2011
http://www.discountschoolsupply.com/...&Brand=&Price= (I know $3 seems like a lot but the tub of paint is really large)

http://www.discountschoolsupply.com/...&Brand=&Price= (easy grip stampers)
cheerfuldom 06:18 AM 04-01-2011
I do a lot of crafts with handprints, thumbprints and even foot prints. The parents love these and you can get tons of ideas online. I usually attach a short poem relating to the holiday or theme. If you have a camera and photo printer, parents also love pics of their kids at daycare.
Evansmom 07:01 AM 04-02-2011
I find some of the simplest things bring the most joy to kids and parents. If you're working on shapes you could cut a whole bunch of the shape from construction paper and give them a whole peice to glue them on to. If you're working on a certain color then you can use the shapes in that color. I usually let toddlers use glue by dumping some in a paper bowl and then giving them a q-tip to spread it with. It's funny watching them play with the glue and it just washes off with water so it's pretty clean fun. Teaching them that things stick if you put glue on it is pretty fun too.

I sometimes used to just put a pile of cool stuff in the middle of the table like feathers, sequins, beads, glitter (watch out for that though!), cuts of different patterned and textured papers and then let the kids paste it all on the paper how ever they want to. It lets them be creative and is so easy. All the while we talk about how the things feel ie. fluffy, rough, sticky and use other adjectives and colors. Great for boosting creativity, vocab and tactile stimulation too!
Tags:crafts, crafts - 15 months
Reply Up