Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Am I The Only Person Who Hates Fridays?
Thriftylady 08:18 AM 05-01-2015
I have hated Fridays for several years. It has a ton to do with my hubby being a truck driver, and on a good weekend he gets home sometime Friday night. So I spend my whole day Friday grocery shopping, cleaning whatever needs done before he gets home so I don't have as much to do on the little 34 hours he is here. It is exhausting and mentally taxing. Today DH is is waiting at the yard in St. Louis for his load to get there to head him this way. But it is a 3 stop drop off so no way he will be home today. Hopefully tomorrow. Add to that, I am lonely this week and really just want a little time with him. I don't get this way often, but sometimes I miss him so much I can't stand it. We talk on the phone daily, several times daily but sometimes I just want him home. I spent $250 on parts for the van today, but now I need to find the time to fix it with my DCG coming at 1, it isn't going to happen today. Why do I have to add mechanaic to my list of jobs? Oh yeah because I can't afford to pay one.

The only good thing is when I was in town this morning at the thrift store I found a sandbox for $20 (just one of the little turtle ones but more than I had), and a small little tikes water table for $15. Both are things I have been looking for, but I didn't want to spend that much money in there today.
Baby Beluga 08:30 AM 05-01-2015
I'm sorry Fridays are rough for you I can only image how hard and lonely it is when DH is gone. On the plus side I am happy you found the outside toys!

My DH used to do a contract IT job and he would work Friday, Sat, Sun and Monday. It was rough - especially with a little one. I also grew to hate Fridays for that reason.
mommiebookworm 09:14 AM 05-01-2015

My Dad is getting ready to retire this year from being an over the road truck driver. I think it will be quite the adjustment for both my Mom and Dad. My Mom used to fill her loneliness with work. She retired last year, and has since filled it with shopping! Which I think is out of control! They just bought a really nice camper and plan to do some travelling. I cant imagine doing everything by yourself all the time.
originalkat 11:19 AM 05-01-2015
My husband used to be a truck driver so I know what that is like. Hang in there girl. Glad you found some great things for the daycare for cheep though!!
Thriftylady 11:32 AM 05-01-2015
Originally Posted by originalkat:
My husband used to be a truck driver so I know what that is like. Hang in there girl. Glad you found some great things for the daycare for cheep though!!
Me too! I needed them. I don't normally have such a big thing with DH, but I get in a mood sometimes I guess. And I had one of my nightmares last night, I think that set me off really. I have such a much better time dealing with those if I can scoot over closer to him.
NightOwl 03:53 PM 05-01-2015
I totally get you. My husband used to travel a lot to several different countries in Africa. Still does on occasion, but much less often. He would be gone 3 to 4 months at a time, in places that weren't safe or had no phone service. Sometimes it would be days before we talked again.

And then when the trip was coming to an end, I would spend the few days before his return cleaning and shopping like a crazy person. It caused me so much anxiety, but it also passed the time. Those last few days would've dragged by if I didn't have a billion things to do.

And the funny thing is, I didn't really have to do those billion things. He just wanted me to be at the airport to bring him home. He could've cared less about the tidiness of the house or if I finished shopping or if I finished any projects while he was gone. He just wanted to be home and I bet your husband feels the same way.
Thriftylady 03:56 PM 05-01-2015
Originally Posted by NessaRose:
I totally get you. My husband used to travel a lot to several different countries in Africa. Still does on occasion, but much less often. He would be gone 3 to 4 months at a time, in places that weren't safe or had no phone service. Sometimes it would be days before we talked again.

And then when the trip was coming to an end, I would spend the few days before his return cleaning and shopping like a crazy person. It caused me so much anxiety, but it also passed the time. Those last few days would've dragged by if I didn't have a billion things to do.

And the funny thing is, I didn't really have to do those billion things. He just wanted me to be at the airport to bring him home. He could've cared less about the tidiness of the house or if I finished shopping or if I finished any projects while he was gone. He just wanted to be home and I bet your husband feels the same way.
To a point. He will help me fix the van in his 34 hours off, but he will be so much happier if I fix it. Then our time together will be also.
Thriftylady 06:15 PM 05-01-2015
So I am so upset right now. Both of the things I had to replace, the wiper motor and the battery, has a stripped out bolt. That is way above my knowledge. Both are within 20 minutes of being finished, IF I could get the parts out. So I had to tell hubby I need help, and he is going to have to help me when he gets home. I don't know if I am more upset because I failed, because I need help, because I had to ask for help, or because now it has to be done on DH's time off. Regardless, I hate it!!!
Tags:friday, tgif
Reply Up