Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Two Bloody Injuries in Two Days
Butter Biskets 12:29 PM 06-12-2015
OMG. I have had TWO bloody face and head injuries this week. Both kids have social workers as moms and both are about a year and a half old boys. They were both accidents, but I feel like crap - and unfortunately they are both first time moms, which makes it all worse. The mom's are "okay" and understanding, but I am sure they have doubts in their heads. It is crazy though because I have never had this happen. Fingers crossed that this doesn't happen again for a long, long time! Just wanted to share.
CraftyMom 12:34 PM 06-12-2015
Accidents happen!
AuntTami 12:43 PM 06-12-2015
Hold on tight. Bad things happen in 3's around here. But after that, it usually settles down for quite a while lol.
Kimskiddos 02:04 PM 06-12-2015
I feel you. Had a little girl that fell twice and split her head open (stitches for one of them) within a two month period. Thankfully the parents were very understanding. She was around 2yo.
Josiegirl 03:45 AM 06-13-2015
Things happen and I always feel guilty. But they're kids. Bumps and scrapes are part of a childhood. Unless you keep them in a bubble or pasted in front of the TV, expect it. I'm glad the parents have been okay.
I always feel bad, especially when a parent asked me about a new mark and I'm thinking wth, I have no idea. I don't even have any clue how I get my own bruises sometimes.

Good luck and try to avoid that 3rd one.
Tags:injuries, safety issues, safety of children
Reply Up