Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>It's Fess Up Friday!
MissAnn 08:31 AM 10-07-2016
Ok....I made that up.

Here's my fess up....

When a kid is having an extra hard day following rules, I tell the kid we need to text mamma. I use Siri so the kid can hear what I am saying....

"DCM Little Johnny is having a hard time following rules and I felt you should know. Please talk to him about this at home"

OK....I actually text myself.

I have the kid press "send"

Immediately my own text tone sounds

"Look, mamma already texted back!!!! She said you need to behave or your will have consequences tonight."
Pestle 08:57 AM 10-07-2016
I'm sneaking gummy bears every time I go into the kitchen.
MarinaVanessa 09:44 AM 10-07-2016
I give the kids buckets of soapy water and sponges and we have a "car wash" for our ride-on toys, bikes and scooters which somehow mysteriously seems to always move on to washing the chairs, outside tables, outside toys etc and miraculously all of the backyard toys and surfaces are scrubbed clean.
MarinaVanessa 09:45 AM 10-07-2016
I put soda/juice in my coffee mug
Nurse Jackie 09:48 AM 10-07-2016
Originally Posted by MarinaVanessa:
I give the kids buckets of soapy water and sponges and we have a "car wash" for our ride-on toys, bikes and scooters which somehow mysteriously seems to always move on to washing the chairs, outside tables, outside toys etc and miraculously all of the backyard toys and surfaces are scrubbed clean.
I need to try this out
spedmommy4 09:50 AM 10-07-2016
Originally Posted by MarinaVanessa:
I put soda/juice in my coffee mug
My morning "orange juice" is actually crystal light with caffeine. Lately, I need it.
Denali 10:06 AM 10-07-2016
Originally Posted by Pestle:
I'm sneaking gummy bears every time I go into the kitchen.
This. DH thought it would be a brilliant idea to buy a 6 pound bag.... I've had more than the kids. By a lot. I go into the kitchen and it's right there calling me...

Someone save me... 😭
daycarediva 11:22 AM 10-07-2016
I put soda in my coffee cup (I drink tea, coffee or water but now and then a cold diet coke is awesome)

Instead of the kids books on cd, we are listening to the podcasts I have yet to get to. HAHA! They are childcare related/G rated so it's nothing bad, but still. Dcg/3 says "This is a weird story Miss!"
Pestle 12:10 PM 10-07-2016
When all 3 kids fell asleep yesterday, I moved furniture around so the computer wasn't viewable from either crib but I could still see both cribs, put on headphones and an inward-facing Ergo containing the sleeping infant, and watched 3 straight episodes of iZombie. (Hey--those of us with Netflix waited a LONG time for season 2 to drop!)
Tags:tgif
Reply Up