Daycare.com Forum Daycare Forum

Go Back   Daycare.com Forum > Main Category > Daycare Center and Family Home Forum

Daycare Center and Family Home Forum Daycare Center and Family Home owners, Directors, Operators and Assistants should post and ask questions here.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 05-31-2017, 01:43 PM
chad3756's Avatar
chad3756 chad3756 is offline
Daycare.com Member
 
Join Date: May 2017
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 4
Default WI Rule Explanation

in wisconsin the rule says 4 or more kids under 24 hours and the home care needs to be licensed. does this mean 4 kids total in a week or 4 at same time? can i have 4 part time kids if there is only ever 3 or less in the house at once?
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 05-31-2017, 02:04 PM
AmyKidsCo's Avatar
AmyKidsCo AmyKidsCo is offline
Daycare.com Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 3,786
Default

Hi! I've been licensed in WI since 1999... The rule means you can't care for 4 or more children at once without being regulated. You can have as many in a week as you want, as long as there are 3 or less present at once.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 05-31-2017, 02:07 PM
chad3756's Avatar
chad3756 chad3756 is offline
Daycare.com Member
 
Join Date: May 2017
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 4
Default

thx for the quick reply
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 05-31-2017, 02:07 PM
Blackcat31's Avatar
Blackcat31 Blackcat31 is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 19,760
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by chad3756 View Post
in wisconsin the rule says 4 or more kids under 24 hours and the home care needs to be licensed. does this mean 4 kids total in a week or 4 at same time? can i have 4 part time kids if there is only ever 3 or less in the house at once?
Wisconsin rules say:

"Anyone providing care and supervision for 4 or more children under age 7 years for less than 24 hours a day must be licensed by the Department. Exceptions to this rule are:
- A parent, grandparent, greatgrandparent, stepparent, brother, sister, first cousin, nephew, niece, uncle, or aunt of a child, whether by blood, marriage, or legal adoption, who provides care and supervision for the child.

- Public and parochial schools.

- Care provided in the home of the childís parent for less than 24 hours per day.

- Counties, cities, towns, school districts and libraries that provide programs for children primarily intended for social or recreational purposes.

- A program that operates not more than 4 hours per week.

- Group lessons to develop a talent or skill such as dance or music, social group meetings and activities, group athletics.

- A program where the parents are on the premises and are engaged in shopping, recreation or other non-work activities.

- Seasonal programs of ten days or less duration in any 3-month period, including day camps, vacation bible school and holiday child care programs.

- Emergency situations.

- Care and supervision for no more than 3 hours a day while the parent is employed on the premises.

- A program provided where the child of a recipient of temporary assistance to needy families, or Wisconsin works, is involved in orientation, enrollment or initial assessment or where parents are provided training or counseling."


http://www.daycare.com/wisconsin/

Hope that helps!
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 05-31-2017, 02:08 PM
Mike's Avatar
Mike Mike is offline
starting daycare someday
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Canada
Posts: 2,518
Default

In every case I know of, the counts are number of children at one time. That would mean as long as you never have more than 3 kids at a time, you're ok.
__________________
Children are little angels, even when they are little devils.
They are also our future.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 05-31-2017, 02:51 PM
chad3756's Avatar
chad3756 chad3756 is offline
Daycare.com Member
 
Join Date: May 2017
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 4
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackcat31 View Post
Wisconsin rules say:

"Anyone providing care and supervision for 4 or more children under age 7 years for less than 24 hours a day must be licensed by the Department. Exceptions to this rule are:
- A parent, grandparent, greatgrandparent, stepparent, brother, sister, first cousin, nephew, niece, uncle, or aunt of a child, whether by blood, marriage, or legal adoption, who provides care and supervision for the child.

- Public and parochial schools.

- Care provided in the home of the childís parent for less than 24 hours per day.

- Counties, cities, towns, school districts and libraries that provide programs for children primarily intended for social or recreational purposes.

- A program that operates not more than 4 hours per week.

- Group lessons to develop a talent or skill such as dance or music, social group meetings and activities, group athletics.

- A program where the parents are on the premises and are engaged in shopping, recreation or other non-work activities.

- Seasonal programs of ten days or less duration in any 3-month period, including day camps, vacation bible school and holiday child care programs.

- Emergency situations.

- Care and supervision for no more than 3 hours a day while the parent is employed on the premises.

- A program provided where the child of a recipient of temporary assistance to needy families, or Wisconsin works, is involved in orientation, enrollment or initial assessment or where parents are provided training or counseling."


http://www.daycare.com/wisconsin/

Hope that helps!
no not really. i was confused by it regarding my situation.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 05-31-2017, 02:52 PM
chad3756's Avatar
chad3756 chad3756 is offline
Daycare.com Member
 
Join Date: May 2017
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 4
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike View Post
In every case I know of, the counts are number of children at one time. That would mean as long as you never have more than 3 kids at a time, you're ok.
thank you
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 05-31-2017, 09:31 PM
LK5kids's Avatar
LK5kids LK5kids is offline
Daycare.com Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 1,219
Default

Certified Family Child Care
A program regulated under DCF 202 where a person provides care and supervision for less than 24 hours per day for no more than 3 children under age 7 with a maximum group size of 6, including the providerís own children under age 7.

I'm not in WI anymore but thought this was still an option. I looked it up just now online.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 05-31-2017, 09:57 PM
LK5kids's Avatar
LK5kids LK5kids is offline
Daycare.com Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 1,219
Default

I just found a chart ( it wouldn't copy and paste correctly or I would have included it) that states 3 of your own children or related children and three unrelated for certified homes (or four related, 2 non-related, ect. Not to exceed 6).

Four years ago before I was licensed I cared for three unrelated and my granddaughter up until I was licensed..
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 06-01-2017, 01:10 PM
AmyKidsCo's Avatar
AmyKidsCo AmyKidsCo is offline
Daycare.com Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 3,786
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by chad3756 View Post
no not really. i was confused by it regarding my situation.
What specifically is your situation?
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 06-01-2017, 06:17 PM
LK5kids's Avatar
LK5kids LK5kids is offline
Daycare.com Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 1,219
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LK5kids View Post
Certified Family Child Care
A program regulated under DCF 202 where a person provides care and supervision for less than 24 hours per day for no more than 3 children under age 7 with a maximum group size of 6, including the providerís own children under age 7

I'm not in WI anymore but thought this was still an option. I looked it up just now online.

This explanation still does sound like no more than 3 kids Under 7 yrs. I always understood it being 3 unrelated plus 3 related for a total of 6. The chart specifically says you can have three Related and three unrelated under the age of 7 yrs.
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 06-01-2017, 07:08 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmyKidsCo View Post
What specifically is your situation?
The original answer you gave answered my question. We have 4 part time kids but never more then 3 at a time.i was unclear about the rule. Either it meaning 3 or less at a time or total kids watched at end of a week.
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 06-01-2017, 07:48 PM
LK5kids's Avatar
LK5kids LK5kids is offline
Daycare.com Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 1,219
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LK5kids View Post
Certified Family Child Care
A program regulated under DCF 202 where a person provides care and supervision for less than 24 hours per day for no more than 3 children under age 7 with a maximum group size of 6, including the providerís own children under age 7

I'm not in WI anymore but thought this was still an option. I looked it up just now online.

This explanation still does sound like no more than 3 kids Under 7 yrs. I always understood it being 3 unrelated plus 3 related for a total of 6. The chart specifically says you can have three Related and three unrelated under the age of 7 yrs.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
What Are the Penalties for Breaking A (Dumb) California Rule? Sergio Daycare Center and Family Home Forum 40 02-09-2016 12:19 PM
Enforcing A 24/48 Hour Rule For Part Timers? finsup Daycare Center and Family Home Forum 8 04-02-2015 07:07 PM
Calcification of 50% Bonus Depreciation Rule Expires Jennifer91 Daycare and Taxes 1 12-30-2013 10:48 AM
Those That Have A "Don't Touch The Baby" Rule EntropyControlSpecialist Daycare Center and Family Home Forum 22 08-03-2013 03:08 PM
New IRS Rule Makes Dramatic Changes TomCopeland Daycare and Taxes 14 02-22-2013 11:35 AM


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 01:59 PM.



Daycare.com         Find A Daycare         List Your Daycare         Toys & Products                 About Us

Daycare.com
Please read our Disclaimer before continuing.

Topics pertain mainly to the following States:

Alabama Alaska Arizona Arkansas California Colorado Connecticut Delaware District of Columbia Florida Georgia Hawaii Idaho Illinois Indiana Iowa Kansas Kentucky Louisiana Maine Maryland Massachusetts Michigan Minnesota Mississippi Missouri Montana Nebraska Nevada New Hampshire New Jersey New Mexico New York North Carolina North Dakota Ohio Oklahoma Oregon Pennsylvania Rhode Island South Carolina South Dakota Tennessee Texas Utah Vermont Virginia Washington West Virginia Wisconsin Wyoming