Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Question About Monthly Payments
organicdclady 06:30 PM 04-04-2016
So I am redoing my policies and contract. I am not currently in this situation but want to know what to do about advanced payments and termination. I require a two week deposit and payments are due on Fridays for the next week of care. I have a few families who pay for the entire month in advance. If they were to term with two weeks notice, say the second week of the month, what do you do? Refund two weeks of care? Or in the future should I not collect a two week deposit of families are paying for a month versus weekly? Or just say refunds are not given and you use the month AND the two weeks? And how to word all of this? I'm so confused!
Controlled Chaos 08:57 PM 04-04-2016
I only do monthly payments. I require 2 weeks notice and offer 0 refunds. It requires families to plan farther ahead or take a loss. No complaints so far.
LysesKids 04:16 AM 04-05-2016
I also do monthly pay due by the first of each month; 2 weeks notice , no refunds... I specifically put NO REFUNDS on each and every receipt printed/written because the one time I didn't, a parent used it against me when they had care terminated
Annalee 04:39 AM 04-05-2016
I have a teacher that pays monthly but would not want to go further than that ahead.
LysesKids 05:16 AM 04-05-2016
Originally Posted by Annalee:
I have a teacher that pays monthly but would not want to go further than that ahead.
I discovered that requiring monthly pay has actually gotten me better clientele in this area. Of course I have all policies and such on my website too so I weed a lot of people out that would cause headaches from the get go. I finally filled that #4 spot after 3 months and within 2 hrs, I had 2 more parents sending me contact info and wanting interviews - go figure; Now I have a wait list lol
thrivingchildcarecom 10:08 AM 04-05-2016
You know what, I have done the monthly payment thing for awhile. A lot of my clients seem to prefer it. I actually don't think I have a current policy related specifically related to what a refund would be if one of them terminated. Hmm, guess I know what policy change I will be working on this week.
Controlled Chaos 11:56 AM 04-05-2016
Originally Posted by LysesKids:
I discovered that requiring monthly pay has actually gotten me better clientele in this area. Of course I have all policies and such on my website too so I weed a lot of people out that would cause headaches from the get go. I finally filled that #4 spot after 3 months and within 2 hrs, I had 2 more parents sending me contact info and wanting interviews - go figure; Now I have a wait list lol
My clientele got better when I made the switch too I just hate the book keeping and bill collecting, so monthly tuition simplifies my life
Unregistered 03:45 PM 04-05-2016
I have always done monthly payment because it was just easier to me and the families. Payments are due by the first of the month and in my contract and handbook it states no refunds or prorate for any reason including holidays/sick days I or they take or for closures beyond my control. Withdrawal notices must be written and turned in one month prior to their last day and the last day of care must be the end of the month even if the child will not attend. I have had no problems with my policies so far.
grandmom 03:32 PM 04-06-2016
I have monthly payments only. I require a month notice. Seems to go together.
Tags:monthly payments, policy - revisions
Reply Up