Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Parents and Guardians Forum>Daycare Provider High On Marijuana
Unregistered 07:27 AM 05-19-2011
Hi, I'm new here but I'm doing some research because of an incident this morning. I dropped my two year old off at day care as usual and the place totally reeked of pot. The daycare provider was also visibly high. I feel like such a horrible parent and I can't believe I left her there. I'm trying to get off work as early as possible to go back and pick her up, but I wanted to do some research to find out the laws behind this.

This can't be legal right? And if I want to pull her out today, because I'm honestly concerned for her safety, I don't feel I should have to give them any notice or pay them for any extra time. Can someone help me out with this, PLEASE?
SilverSabre25 01:05 PM 05-19-2011
Well, I would say that you need to leave work NOW and go get her, and once you have her, you need to call licensing and/or CPS. Of course it's not legal...
sharlan 02:09 PM 05-19-2011
Too late now, but you should have walked out the door with your child and called CPS. After the fact may be too late, the evidence will be gone by now.
AfterSchoolMom 02:27 PM 05-19-2011
I wouldn't have left her there in a million years. I'd have called CPS and the police.

I hope you were able to get your child and that this "provider" is taught a lesson! Never, ever take her there again!
mickey2 03:16 PM 05-19-2011
You left your daughter there? What the heck are you on yourself?

You have got to be a troll!
Unregistered 03:19 PM 05-19-2011
Unless she has medical marijuana permission, smoking or possessing marijuana and paraphanelia (sp) (anything used to smoke it) is totally illegal.

If she does have a prescription, and you are in a state where that is legal, she is probably fine.

You, on the other hand, are admitting to leaving your child with someone who was obviously under the influence, and I am pretty sure that is illegal everywhere.

Is this a joke?

FWIW I totally support legalization of medical marijuana and the use by women who are suffering from cancer, glaucoma, morning sickeness or any other condition which may be eased by this beneficial substance.
jen 03:41 PM 05-19-2011
*sniff sniff* I smell something fishy...

No parent leaves their child with someone who is clearly impaired....

Don't feed the trolls....
Former Teacher 04:35 PM 05-19-2011
Originally Posted by jen:
*sniff sniff* I smell something fishy...

No parent leaves their child with someone who is clearly impaired....

Don't feed the trolls....
Totally agreed!
wdmmom 06:10 AM 05-20-2011
And what are you on, crack?!

You left your child with someone not is sound mind to care for a child.

that is neglect!
JenNJ 07:36 AM 05-20-2011
MUD
morgan24 08:12 AM 05-20-2011
I find it hard to believe that you would even have to ask these questions. You could of research the laws after you left there with you child. Shame on you for leaving your child in the first place.
GretasLittleFriends 07:57 PM 05-21-2011

I truly would like to believe that this (^^^) is the case, however, some people have NO common sense and don't think things through very quickly. I just really hope that isn't the case here.
youretooloud 08:36 PM 05-21-2011
Surely that can't be legal ever... right?

One day, I did have a mom ask me if I'd been drinking. She said she thought she smelled alcohol, and I looked guilty. I looked kinda guilty because she came in early, and I had a mouth full of Lifesavers cremes. (they stopped making those BTW). They were butter rum candy, but I never thought they smelled like alcohol, I thought they smelled like butterscotch.

At least she had the common sense to question me right then. So, I could stick out my tongue and show her the two candies in my mouth.
Kaddidle Care 07:41 AM 05-22-2011
Originally Posted by GretasLittleFriends:

I truly would like to believe that this (^^^) is the case, however, some people have NO common sense and don't think things through very quickly. I just really hope that isn't the case here.
I really can't respond to the stupidity of the OP but LOVE this picture! Had to nick it. Thank you!
Unregistered 01:39 PM 05-22-2011
I am the OP, and I completely expected this response. You are all totally right, I can't believe I left her there for even a minute. I could make excuses, like it was 6 in the morning and blah, blah, blah, but you are all totally right. I did leave work directly after posting my original post and picked her up, so she ended up being there for about 1/2 hour.

Even though you all probably think I'm a total idiot right now, and I think the same thing, thank you for your responses, they only confirmed what I was feeling.
jen2651 05:35 PM 05-22-2011
Originally Posted by Unregistered:
I am the OP, and I completely expected this response. You are all totally right, I can't believe I left her there for even a minute. I could make excuses, like it was 6 in the morning and blah, blah, blah, but you are all totally right. I did leave work directly after posting my original post and picked her up, so she ended up being there for about 1/2 hour.

Even though you all probably think I'm a total idiot right now, and I think the same thing, thank you for your responses, they only confirmed what I was feeling.
If that is the case, I am glad you realized that she shouldn't have been there. What did you tell your provider when you picked her up?
youretooloud 09:56 PM 05-22-2011
I don't think you are an idiot. I'd have probably thought "wow..I think I smell pot"... then thought "naaaa.. I'm just having flashbacks from college"... but, later I might have realized that "yes, I think it was pot!"

For the record.. I'm not a morning person, I bet I look a little stoned every morning. SO, I kinda hope you did misunderstand what you think you saw and smelled.
Sunshine44 11:23 AM 05-23-2011
Sounds fake. Who in their right mind would leave their child with someone who was 'visibly high' and their home smelled of pot? Seriously? I think someone should call the police on both of you.
billiedaycare 12:10 PM 06-22-2011
Does this provider have any teens?
billiedaycare 12:12 PM 06-22-2011
Does this provider have any teens? Are you positive she was high? I hate to admit this but my teen son the little stinker he is smoked it one day on my lower level and I was neive at the time. I didn't know what the smell was! It was a really rotting skunk smell. I walked around the house shutting windows bc I thought it was coming from outside. I hope your dd is okay!
Tags:bad providers, drug testing, provider - high on drugs
Reply Up