Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Does Anyone Advertise With The Yellowpages.com?
daycare 02:08 PM 10-14-2011
Just wondering if any of your advertise through there?

If so can you share the pros and cons ??

thanks in asvance
sharlan 02:24 PM 10-14-2011
I never have, but am considering it.

I just sent an email to a friend who's husband got a free ad in the yellowpages. If I get any info from her, I'll pass it on.

I just checked with the Welcome Wagon. They send out business info to new homeowners. They charge about $200 a month with a 6 month minimum.
KBCsMommy 03:19 PM 10-14-2011
I have have a free ad with them.

Pros- I have several calls a week from it, so it is getting looked at.

Cons- The yellowpage people call me all the time asking the same questions to "update" my info. I finally told them to stop calling cuz they were borderline harrassing me!! I havent heard back from them!
daycare 03:27 PM 10-14-2011
I called to find out the details of it. I do have a free ad with them, but i wanted to see what a paid add would bring.

The guy quoted me 60 a month and that would include, phone book ad, first page of google search, they would do a page for me or they can link it directly to my website.

I found another DCP in my area who is on it and any time you go to google and type in and key words related to daycare, child care, preschool, and etc. her information comes up. They guy also shared with me that the DCP got over 2000 hits. If you took 10% of that, that means at least 200 people inquired about her DC.
This is what I am trying to do and I think that I am going to give it a shot.

I will keep you guys posted on how it goes.
sharlan 03:50 PM 10-14-2011
How did you get the free ad?
sharlan 04:43 PM 10-14-2011
Never mind, I just did it.
Meeko 11:32 AM 10-17-2011
I'm in the yellow pages. I get enquiries daily. Costs $19 a month (just went up from $16). It's a direct business expense, so I claim it back on my taxes. Love it.
TBird 04:40 PM 10-17-2011
Originally Posted by Meeko60:
I'm in the yellow pages. I get enquiries daily. Costs $19 a month (just went up from $16). It's a direct business expense, so I claim it back on my taxes. Love it.
Is this the online yellow pages you advertise in or are you in the book that goes to people's houses??? $19 doesn't sound too bad!!!
Oneluckymom 09:06 PM 10-17-2011
I have signed up. My ad won't post until December in the book. But I did the online one as well. Haven't had any calls from it yet though. I'll see how it goes until next month and may just keep my webpage only.
dave4him 02:27 AM 10-18-2011
awesome ill have to look into doing that too
SilverSabre25 05:38 AM 10-18-2011
Hmmm, maybe I should look into this too, the next time I am looking to fill a spot.
Meeko 05:57 AM 10-18-2011
Originally Posted by TBird:
Is this the online yellow pages you advertise in or are you in the book that goes to people's houses??? $19 doesn't sound too bad!!!
I'm in the book and online.
Abigail 10:16 PM 11-18-2011
I just created a free (I hope) ad with the YP.com which in turn lead me to AT&T so I hope it's right! This is what the confirmation page shows for anyone who is interested.
Congratulations

Your listing has been submitted! To view the status of your listing, please go to My Account.
Your business listing should go live on YP.com within 72 hours.

If you signed up for a new paid listing, a sales representative will contact you soon. We would like to answer any questions you may have and inform you of other available options that can help your business. Free listings remain active for only 12 months. We will send you a reminder to resubmit your listing one month before your listing expires. There is no charge to renew this free listing on AT&T. Please note: Only one free listing will be published for each business. If you submit more than one free listing for your business, we will publish only the first one.

As an authorized listing owner, you can create Coupons to help drive customers to your business! Qualifying businesses will see the new Create Coupon feature on the next page. Click "Go To Your Account" to get started!

Tags:advertising, yellow pages
Reply Up