Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>When I First Read...
familyschoolcare 04:17 PM 09-29-2011
.... the Title go play with toys.

I thought other people where having the same problem as me I have to tell my Daycare children to play with toys, otherwise the sit there and do nothing. I have tried getting them out putting them on the floor ect. playing with them myself ect... the only thing that works is my saying D*** go play with some toys, G*** go play with some toys ect.

What is wrong with these kids.
Christian Mother 04:29 PM 09-29-2011
I am with you!! I had a little guy today who I ashually had to say that too. Might be bc he was the only one here today besides my daughter but he just kept walking around in circles. I'd bring out toys and he sat down and just looked at them. Then I brought out the puzzles and he throw them. Time out! This morning the tv was on and he was told if he didn't sit on his bottom and stop laying on my daughter or stop throwing our dogs toys on her i'd turn it off. I ended up turning it off. I had had it. My daughter went to her room and watched her tv in her room and dcb had another time out. I printed off some work sheet for colors and letters and we did though but he was just not paying attention and kept saying he wanted to get down. Nap time today was perfect he slept great but waking him up he didn't get enough of a nap bc he was worse then this morning. He had a 2 hr nap I should of just let him sleep 3 hrs. Mom came to pick him up and he was telling her he didn't want to go home with her and mom was getting upset. hate when that happens but I was ready for him to go!!
Nellie 04:56 PM 09-29-2011
From my experience children that don't know how to play with toys watch to much tv, video games, and computer. I don't allow the tv on during daycare hours. During x-mas break I didn't have kids for a month and I let my own children watch movies that they had gotten for gifts. At first they would play while it was on then they did more watching than playing. That's when the tv went back off and my older son acted like he forgot how to play. When I get a new child I can always tell if they previously had been spending the majority of there day in front of the tube.
familyschoolcare 05:05 PM 09-29-2011
The link between TV and not playing had not crossed my mind.
KEG123 12:17 PM 09-30-2011
Mostly I only have to say this when I'm cooking, or talking to dbf and they want to be included aka nosey lil buggers.
cheerfuldom 01:20 PM 09-30-2011
i think its parents that play toys for the kids. Ever seen a parent sit down and show a kid everything about a toy? kids are used to being entertained and played with, they have no clue how to play on their own.
MamaJ 01:51 PM 09-30-2011
maybe i'm lucky then? my "kids" play toys just fine, make up games, and interract with each other without me needing to help.

I have a 4th grader after school, my own 5 yr old, another 5 yr old, and two two year olds.
Tags:playing with toys, television, toys
Reply Up