Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>In Your Experience
Unregistered 08:22 AM 10-10-2013
In your experience when a inspector from the state came for your initial survey, if there was no deficiencies how soon were you able to open? Is it next day or do you have to wait. We have been waiting for this day for quite sometime and cant wait to open.
Rockgirl 08:34 AM 10-10-2013
I was good to go right then. I had to wait for my official certificate, but I was legal as soon as she approved everything. I'm in Texas, btw.
Leigh 08:34 AM 10-10-2013
I was able to open and operate as a registered daycare the day the state received my application. My inspection was 2 months later.
craftymissbeth 08:41 AM 10-10-2013
After I turned in my application I received a temporary license very soon after that. That's when I could open up, but I waited until I had my inspection a month or so later.
Maria2013 09:08 AM 10-10-2013
Originally Posted by when is naptime?:
I was good to go right then. I had to wait for my official certificate, but I was legal as soon as she approved everything. I'm in Texas, btw.
that^
snbauser 11:17 AM 10-10-2013
Depends on your state. I was able to open same day as my license was issued on site.
WImom 12:49 PM 10-10-2013
I'm in WI and was able to open right away.
TwinKristi 01:54 PM 10-10-2013
In CA you can operate with just one family until the day of your licensure and you can open that day! My analyst printed out a paper right then for me to post and said I would get my official license within a week.
preschoolteacher 10:14 AM 10-11-2013
I didn't have any problems when she came for the inspection, but I had to wait for her to come back one more time because there was additional training/paperwork to complete. I think the norm here is to license daycare in two meetings. So my first inspection was on a Wednesday (I think) and then she came back to do paperwork on the following Monday, and I was licensed that day (Monday).
Tags:inspection, license received time
Reply Up