Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>CPS Protection
Unregistered 01:36 PM 03-25-2016
Hi everyone. I called CPS on a parent due to the way they were acting towards their children and other parents. Someone from the county came and we discussed the matter. I termed the parent. The parents in question have told me the termed parent is sending them violent emails and voicemail. I'm very afraid for their children's safety. One thing said really disturbed me. Another parent confided in me recently that they called CPS anonymously, because of the violence issue. The termed parent is claiming they know someone who works for CPS and can find their phone number and address. This is my question if a parent called CPS and doesn't give their name due to fear, does CPS record their phone number? Second, should I call CPS with this information or just the police? I truly think the term parent is looking to have a confrontation with the other families.
Thriftylady 01:45 PM 03-25-2016
Okay I am confused. You are talking to another parent about the ones you called CPS on? If I am reading this correctly, that needs to stop now! You could be cited for violating privacy laws.

Other than that I would let CPS know about the threats and see what they say.
Unregistered 01:50 PM 03-25-2016
No, the parent came to me and told me they called CPS on the parent I termed. I was going to interject, but the current family told me the former parent is threatening these things. I just said if they feeled unsafe about something to call the police. Now, I am wondering if CPS can really give info, because the current family is claiming they didn't give their name to CPS.
SnowGirl 02:14 PM 03-25-2016
Originally Posted by Unregistered:
No, the parent came to me and told me they called CPS on the parent I termed. I was going to interject, but the current family told me the former parent is threatening these things. I just said if they feeled unsafe about something to call the police. Now, I am wondering if CPS can really give info, because the current family is claiming they didn't give their name to CPS.
So termed family says they know someone who works at CPS and they will find out who reported them, correct?

Who did they make this threat to? Whoever received the threat should report that threat to CPS/Police.

It sounds like you're not doing this, but just in case I definitely wouldn't discuss anything with the current DCF, but merely advise them to speak with CPS/Police.
NightOwl 02:54 PM 03-25-2016
If the termed parent truly does know someone at cps, the person at cps would be risking their job and any future social work job by divulging information.

Also, here, DHS does not ask for your name, phone number or any other identifying information. It's truly confidential. So even if the termed parent has a contact, that contact isn't going to have any information anyway.
Unregistered 03:22 PM 03-25-2016
Personally I *67 places to stay anonymous
Thriftylady 04:12 PM 03-25-2016
I agree with PP, I wouldn't discuss it further with anyone except to tell the threatened family to call the police. I also agree that if someone at CPS did give that info, they could be risking a lot, including being sued I am guessing.
Blackcat31 04:13 PM 03-25-2016
Hi everyone. I called CPS on a parent due to the way they were acting towards their children and other parents. Someone from the county came and we discussed the matter. I termed the parent. The parents in question have told me the termed parent is sending them violent emails and voicemail. I'm very afraid for their children's safety. One thing said really disturbed me. Another parent confided in me recently that they called CPS anonymously, because of the violence issue. The termed parent is claiming they know someone who works for CPS and can find their phone number and address. This is my question if a parent called CPS and doesn't give their name due to fear, does CPS record their phone number? Second, should I call CPS with this information or just the police? I truly think the term parent is looking to have a confrontation with the other families.
You should not call anyone.

You can advise the parent that called CPS to go to the police if they are being threatened. The voicemails and text messages are proof of the threats.

I understand this is a current and past aprent but the issue has nothing to do with you any longer. You made a report, were interviewed and the parent no longer attends. End of story.

If your current family that also reported is being threatened, I dont understand why they are coming to you instead of going to the police.
Nala 11:21 AM 03-26-2016
Maybe I am not reading everything clearly... I am just wondering, what CPS has to do with a grown up being accused of threatening another grown person? (Rhetoric)
Again, maybe I did not read it clearly, but I don't recall seeing anything that said the person being accused of threats doing anything to their child(ren). Other than they acted weirdly towards the kid(s). We never know why that could be. Or some people may see things as being weird, unusual, or unecessary, but that means nothing.
If this person really is "threatening" the other parent, then, yes, they should call police, not CPS. In my opinion. I mean I may say, I'm going to slap someone, because, whatever reason. BUT that doesn't mean I am abusing my children. It means I may not be handling that situation properly, but again, not that I am abusing my kids.
SnowGirl 11:47 AM 03-26-2016
Originally Posted by Nala:
Maybe I am not reading everything clearly... I am just wondering, what CPS has to do with a grown up being accused of threatening another grown person? (Rhetoric)
Again, maybe I did not read it clearly, but I don't recall seeing anything that said the person being accused of threats doing anything to their child(ren). Other than they acted weirdly towards the kid(s). We never know why that could be. Or some people may see things as being weird, unusual, or unecessary, but that means nothing.
If this person really is "threatening" the other parent, then, yes, they should call police, not CPS. In my opinion. I mean I may say, I'm going to slap someone, because, whatever reason. BUT that doesn't mean I am abusing my children. It means I may not be handling that situation properly, but again, not that I am abusing my kids.
The threat is specific to CPS. The family that was reported claims they know someone on the "inside" of CPS, and that they will find out who reported them. I believe that is why everyone here advises calling CPS. The police are also a good agency to report to in this situation.
Nala 10:44 PM 03-26-2016
Originally Posted by SnowGirl:
The threat is specific to CPS. The family that was reported claims they know someone on the "inside" of CPS, and that they will find out who reported them. I believe that is why everyone here advises calling CPS. The police are also a good agency to report to in this situation.
I see.
sleepinghart 06:01 AM 03-27-2016
Originally Posted by Nala:
(^bold^ by me)
I'm with you...I was wondering the same thing.

Originally Posted by SnowGirl:
Yeah, but didn't this incident, the one specific to CPS, happen after the first initial call/report to CPS or am I misunderstanding something?
(OP quote)"I called CPS on a parent due to the way they were acting towards their children and other parents"(end quote)
Tags:cps, cps protection
Reply Up