Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare and Taxes>Keep Insurance For Unlicensed DC?
MNMommy2 12:13 PM 07-17-2013
When I close my daycare I am keeping two kids and just "babysitting" them basically. One will be at school all day and just be here after school and in the summer. The other will be here FT.

Anyway, when I spoke to my accountant, he said I should consider keeping insurance to cover those two kids if it is under $250 a year. Would you keep insurance? Is it worth it/necessary?

I just called my ins. company and they only do licensed daycares and she said the other one they can go through would be every expensive for unlicensed. She said I should try my homeowner's ins.
MyAngels 12:48 PM 07-17-2013
I would check with your homeowner's insurance agent to see if you are covered that way. I know when I had American Family they would cover me if I had less than 5 kids if I recall correctly. I don't remember whether being licensed had anything to do with it, but it's worth a call.
Familycare71 02:45 PM 07-17-2013
Allstate offers a rider on homeowners. It just doesn't cover as many things as a separate policy.
TomCopeland 06:41 PM 07-17-2013
Originally Posted by MNMommy2:
When I close my daycare I am keeping two kids and just "babysitting" them basically. One will be at school all day and just be here after school and in the summer. The other will be here FT.

Anyway, when I spoke to my accountant, he said I should consider keeping insurance to cover those two kids if it is under $250 a year. Would you keep insurance? Is it worth it/necessary?

I just called my ins. company and they only do licensed daycares and she said the other one they can go through would be every expensive for unlicensed. She said I should try my homeowner's ins.
Make sure you are covered for both homeowners insurance and business http://www.tomcopelandblog.com/famil...directory.htmlliability insurance. You can check out my insurance directory:
Reply Up