Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>WWYD - Injury at School, Symptoms at Daycare
BumbleBee 12:58 PM 01-22-2014
Before anybody asks, yes I did call dcm & she's taking dcb to the ER.

Basically dcb was horsing around with a friend outside of school as he was walking to our meeting place. He fell and smacked his head on the concrete. I didn't see it happen and dcb didn't say anything. He was sullen and I asked him if he was ok and he just said yes.

3/4 of the way home (3 blocks) a car stops and the guy says that dcb hit his head pretty good and to keep an eye on him. I ask dcb and he's like "yeah I hit my head."

So do I fill out an injury report for licensing? I know we need to do one if a child is injured in our care and requires medical attention. It didn't happen here, but he started showing symptoms of a concussion while here. I have an e-mail & phone call into licensing but I have to submit a written report within 72 hrs and I'm not sure I'll have a reply from licensing by then on if I report or not.

So wwyd? Report anyways, not report, wait for licensing?
craftymissbeth 01:00 PM 01-22-2014
I'm curious what others have to say. I'd report it just to keep myself safe, kwim?
BumbleBee 01:02 PM 01-22-2014
Originally Posted by craftymissbeth:
I'm curious what others have to say. I'd report it just to keep myself safe, kwim?
Yeah, I'm thinking I need to cover my behind.
sharlan 01:05 PM 01-22-2014
I would report it, just to be safe and covered on your end.
Cat Herder 01:14 PM 01-22-2014
Did you get the other parents name (witness)?
BumbleBee 01:20 PM 01-22-2014
Originally Posted by Cat Herder:
Did you get the other parents name (witness)?
No, didn't think of it at the time.
melilley 01:23 PM 01-22-2014
I would report it anyways, just to cover yourself. FYI though, I had a dcb fall here and crack his head open and had to get stitches. I made a report and called licensing and they never called me back-and that was last summer! So I wouldn't wait for them to reply to you!
Heidi 01:23 PM 01-22-2014
hmm...tricky one!

We have to report any injury that requires medical attention, too. But, it didn't happen on "your watch".

I think I'd fill out the report, too. Just make it clear that it happened before you had the child. If it was on school grounds, then mom will need to have a talk with the school. I must have their own reporting requirements.
Reply Up