Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Horrid Day
Loggedoutforembarrassment 10:50 AM 02-02-2012
Where do I begin? Ugh
I am a regular poster, normally have it together but today I hate the world. I got up after about 30 minutes rest because my husband is coughing all night long. Walked to the kitchen to find a gallon of milk, and a jar of applesauce out.

I was taking a child from dad and in the 15 seconds it took three escapees toddled to the toilet and has a splash party. Water EVERYWHERE!!!

Leader of escapee team was SHOCKED that I made them stop. After all isn't a toilet just a cool self filling watertable???

I then had to gate the playroom entrances because same ringleader attempted an escape to the play yard!!! I swear, and I hate myself for thinking it , I WISHED for a playpen!!!

Then at cleanup time my 4 yr old refused ( oldest one) to help clean up. Laid his rear on the floor saying You can't make me hahaha, I'm king, your not!! Hahaha
He then got mad, tossed a toy and broke it. A nice toy. One we love.

Then while I'm gathering the pieces escapee gets the bathroom door open, and tries to climb INSIDE HIS NEW WATERTABLE!!!!

I fed them, and napped them. I'm so done. I texted my husband" just thought I'd let you know I'm quitting my job. He calls and I'm too piszed to answer. Tells my voicemail that I can't quit, I don't have unemployment. I texted him back, I'm going on welfare and living off the government. I want to see how the other half lives!!

I'm so embarrassed

I'm not the person I found when I woke this morning, I'm having a bad day. Many other things happened but I'm leaving out the little stuff.
My son called from school, he lost his phone. My van quit running, I'm even out of printer ink.
I'm over everything!
Blackcat31 11:14 AM 02-02-2012
Aww, hun I sure hope your day gets better....it doesn't really sound like it can get any worse.

to you and some virtual (((((((hugs)))))))....if it makes you feel any better, we all have those kinds of days.
MsMe 11:18 AM 02-02-2012
I am with you I too am having a terrible day.

I just feel all wound up inside and I can't relax.

I hope you can have a great night after daycare and that the weekend comes soon for you!!!
wdmmom 11:19 AM 02-02-2012
The ringleader would be put in the "Chill zone" here just so he can't corral his posse and do it over and over again.

If this is the same child that broke the toy, their parents would receive an invoice for it. Destruction of property is not something I tolerate. Things break, I get that. But if they are outright breaking it by tossing, throwing or spiking, they need to pay for it.

I can't say as I'd quit but I'd definitely consider terming the trouble maker!

Hope your day gets better!!!
SilverSabre25 11:30 AM 02-02-2012
I'm so, so sorry, but...I literally LOL'd at the climbing inside his new watertable thing. I would have been livid in your position, but next week you'll probably laugh at it.

It does sound like you're having an absolutely terrible day. I hate it when that happens. That's why I keep a can of Coke and a bar of chocolate hidden in my house...those are my drugs of choice and I pull 'em out happily on days like this.

Then I call my husband and make him bring me home french fries.

You should do that to yours. Make him come bring you stuff you love. If he's awesome, he'll even take your thinly veiled "hint" that a cheap bouquet of flowers is a great pick me up on days like this.

(((HUGS))) we've all been there, and we've all pulled through it. This too shall pass.

And in vest in a toilet lock. I have a spare if you're interested...
karen 11:32 AM 02-02-2012
Awwwww I hope your day gets better.
The day is going to get better it's going to end soon and it will be time for you to sit down with your favorite beverage and take a deep breath and realize it's over the day is over!!!!!
Heidi 11:35 AM 02-02-2012
Toilet lock? Do those actually work?

THere is NO SUCH THING AS TODDLER PROOF!

If a toddler can't open it, then neither can the preschoolers, the school agers, or me, for that matter!
SilverSabre25 11:43 AM 02-02-2012
Originally Posted by bbo:

If a toddler can't open it, then neither can the preschoolers, the school agers, or me, for that matter!
Dunno...but it might buy you some time!
AmyLeigh 11:50 AM 02-02-2012
Originally Posted by bbo:

Did you see the episode of Last Man Standing where the mom couldn't get the toilet opened? Good thing there was the potty seat!!

OP: I understand. I'm having a horrible week, but it's everything except daycare issues for me. Looking forward to friends, football and beer this weekend! Hope things turn up for you soon.
REWALKER04 12:09 PM 02-02-2012
hope your day gets better! I was lucky and had no kids today! The first time that has happened where none came.( I still had my own though) But tomorrow is Friday if that helps! Take some deep breathes and maybe eat some chocolate that helps me!
Kaddidle Care 12:22 PM 02-02-2012
Oye! Did you even have time to go to the bathroom today? Yikes!

Murphy's law day for sure. Come back in a week and read this. You WILL laugh, I promise!

Hang in there!
MNMum 12:34 PM 02-02-2012
This was me...yesterday. I texted my husband and said "Do not stay at work any extra today." I was mad when he asked why! What do you mean why? What do you think...I wanted to say. I just didn't reply...

I think it's the fog here in MN I need the clouds to break!
Christian Mother 01:01 PM 02-02-2012
I'm there with you girlie!! All my kids this week are either:

SICK
FUSSY
TIRED
CRANKY

Yesterday I pulled out a bag of m&m's and ate them...ALL!

One of my littles..2nd week of being completely potty trained decided to unroll the whole toilet paper roll...into the toilet. Thank Jesus that I got there in time before he flushed it all down the drain. I would of had a over flow and it would of totally ran down stairs to my bedroom...not a good situation!! So I scooped it all up with 2 plastic bags and throw it into another plastic bag and throw it away. Leading that one to the cry room as he proceeded to argue with me and throw a out right tantrum bc I won't let him play in the toilet...yup I have one of those 2!!

It was a day I tell you...I fell asleep with my DD around 5pm bc the kids literally ware me out..lol!!

Today is a new day...much better day..I am here to tell you it will be better tomorrow!!
sharlan 01:42 PM 02-02-2012
I'm hoping that everyone's day has improved.
kathiemarie 01:53 PM 02-02-2012
I hope your day get better. Tonight just order a pizza and watch TV. Hubby can take care of the kids and house.
PitterPatter 02:30 PM 02-02-2012
Can I just say HUGS!!!

I hate days like this and you sure had your share today so lets hope it all went wrong today so you can have the most spectaculare Friday and weekend ever!

Oh and I admit I too have thought about quitting and live off of the govt. It seems you do get more by doing less these days

As long as I am able bodied my body will work!

Good luck for a great weekend!
My3cents 02:31 PM 02-02-2012
hugs-

tomorrow is another day

thanks for the giggle.......swim little fishy, swim to the sea, and he swam and he swam all over my home-
Tags:support
Reply Up