Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Bittersweet Friday...
wdmmom 10:32 AM 04-15-2011
Today is my dcg's last day. I've been working for her for over 2 years. She's the only one I have today so it's been nice to give her individualized attention but at the same time, it makes me sad. With her being the only one, I've spent the whole day talking and playing and it just reminds me of when she started. I didn't have a big group then either.

What stinks even more...dcm isn't picking up, grandpa is. I've never met grandpa! I have to pack her things up and say goodbye but I don't even get to say goodbye to dcm?! I feel like I'm getting jipped without a proper goodbye.

Hi whom I'll never see again. Here is dcg's supplies and everything. Bye.

How unfair to dcg, dcm and me!
Zoe 10:48 AM 04-15-2011
Awwww! That's hard! Even though you don't know Grandpa, I'd still give dcg a big hug and say good-bye to her properly. Don't worry about who's picking up. Hugs!
Stacy214 10:57 AM 04-15-2011
Aww this breaks my heart reading it, you are so blessed by getting her to yourself for the day, that's a great gift in itself. These are the hardest, saying goodbye to the ones that have touched our hearts for so long. I always hope they stay in touch but only a handful really ever do.
lil angels 11:13 AM 04-15-2011
Maybe at lease with grandpa picking up you won't be able to tear up. Because I know I do I think I would prefer to have grandpa there it will be quick and a little easier. Good luck
Meeko 11:51 AM 04-15-2011
When my husband left the military and we moved back to Utah...I thought my heart would break when I had to say goodbye to my day care kids. One in particular was very hard to say goodbye to. I had her at 6 weeks old and she was 2 when we left. They lived across the street from us. Saying goodbye was like leaving one of my own behind. I always say it's the biggest hardship with this job. You get to really LOVE the kids.

We have stayed in touch all these years and the "two year old" is now in medical school and we talk on Facebook almost daily. She has grown into a beautiful young lady and I am forever grateful to have been a part of her life. Instead of changing her diaper I am now giving boyfriend advice!!! LOL!
MN Day Mom 12:00 PM 04-15-2011
So sorry

Why is grandpa picking up and not mom?? Is she maybe struggling with having to say good bye??
wdmmom 06:26 AM 04-18-2011
Mom has to work until 530pm. (Part of the reason they are leaving.) I close early on Fridays (3pm). That and she got a job on the other side of town so DCG would need care 11 hours a day. 10 is my maximum.

I did get a text from DCM on Friday thanking me for my services and that they were invaluable to her. She said DCG will miss me and the other kids. Aww...I'm gonna miss her!!!
cheerfuldom 06:32 AM 04-18-2011
It is crazy how some parents can just walk away after years of care without even a backward glance. It has always been hard for me to say goodbye, even the kids I had to term. I am attached to them and they to me and I don't get how a mom can just leave with nothing really said about it. Sort of going thru a similar situation myself right now. I've had this little girl for almost 2 years! and DCM is just leaving like it was no big thing.
nannyde 08:34 AM 04-18-2011
Originally Posted by Meeko60:
Saying goodbye was like leaving one of my own behind. I always say it's the biggest hardship with this job. You get to really LOVE the kids.

It IS so hard to say goodbye to them.

Here's a blog I wrote for one of my little ones I had for over three years:

http://www.nanshouse.com/apps/blog/e...e-from-his-nan
Meeko 11:57 AM 04-18-2011
Originally Posted by nannyde:

It IS so hard to say goodbye to them.

Here's a blog I wrote for one of my little ones I had for over three years:

http://www.nanshouse.com/apps/blog/e...e-from-his-nan
That was beautiful and really sums up how I have felt about "my" kids over the years.
Tags:attention, friday, tgif
Reply Up