Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>My Toys Are Totally Revamped...And I Need Some New Ideas Too
cheerfuldom 06:50 PM 01-24-2013
Toys are something that drive me crazy. I hate having too much, I hate almost all things battery operated, I have to have things that work for multiple age groups (2- 5 year olds). I dont do things with tiny pieces, I dont do things that you HAVE to play with in a full set (its annoying when one piece gets lost), I dont do things that encourage the kids to get rowdy (like free range musical instruments/noise makers)

So my daycare room is cleaned up this week. Starting in two weeks, I have 6 kids here ranging from 21 months to 5 years old. I am slowly downsizing so it will be five kids before too long. Here is what I have for them to play with:

dressup
Legos....large and small
large cardboard blocks
a collection of wooden blocks in various shapes
Mr. Potato Head collection
two toyboxes of misc. stuffies and dolls
two large play kitchens with a ton of food/dishes
two tables and chairs to play at
several baskets of baby dolls and baby doll items
a reading corner with books
a small assortment of games that only come out when i can supervise
an assortment of art supplies that only come out when i can supervise
a large collection of Little People items
one large indoor slide

I am considering a train table...thoughts?

Also considering a large dollhouse but I have been through a few dollhouses and the issue is that most are for two kids max. anytime i have one here, it turns into a fight with all the kids because they all love it SOOO much. Is there a large dollhouse that works well for more than two kids?

I'd like some ideas on board games and other group type activities (I dont do a preschool program). I would also like ideas on any other toys I should invest in.

Last question....I have my own infant here. He is too small for toys but he will be the only baby. I dont plan on taking any other kids that are younger than 2 years so he will be THE baby for a long time. I'd like ideas on a small assortment of age appropriate items for him....think 4 to 6 month age range.
Reply Up