Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Fickle DCM
KBCsMommy 04:45 PM 01-09-2012
I have a dcm that lately has been talking about quiting her job, getting a new job, taking a break etc. So she went from working M-F to havindg Fridays off. Everyday its something new.

She really wants to be home with her child and I dont blame her.

I have been encouraging her to talk with her husband about staying home, and now Im thinking Im going to let her know her child is just not happy here, just to give a little push!

Background on this child Ive had him for 9 months dcb is 10 months old. He doesnt sleep at all, cries constantly and hates the other kids. Has horrible seperation anxiety, everytime anyone comes in or out of the room hes in he screams horribly.But when hes the only kid here he is an angel!!

So with all that info, would you go ahead and give her walking papers, or would you wait it out..........or anything else you have to add would be great too!
cheerfuldom 06:20 AM 01-10-2012
If you are really not happy with this situation and can afford to lose him then yes, I would let him go. Since he had been with you since he was a newborn, the issues are likely due to environment at home and his personality (plus the age). It is very likely that his behavior is not going to change anytime soon. Can you do what you are doing for another 6 months, maybe more? I would let him go. I don't keep unhappy screamers, period.
melskids 06:34 AM 01-10-2012
When I know mom truly wants to be a SAHM, and the child is truly not happy here either, I fully support them in making the choice to stay home. I've had it happen a few times.

I just had a family have their 3rd and final baby. She worked FT with the first two, and made alot of excuses for this last one as to why she can't work, and dawdled a long time deciding what to do. She was looking for someone to tell her it was OK to "just stay home and be a mom."

I pushed her a bit by telling her if she didnt start "that week" I was filling her spot, and that I wanted a deposit to hold it. She called back the next day and told me to go ahead.

Of course, its a loss of income for me, but I try to keep that in prospective. I always want whats best for the child, whether its mom staying home, a personal nanny, "real" school, or me.
Tags:terminate
Reply Up