Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Lightly Hitting Students/ Pushing Them Away When They are Crying?
Unregistered 02:21 PM 02-02-2020
enough to report them for? also do the parents get contacted if i their kid down as a victim? Like will they talk to the parents and say "x and y teachers are under investigation what do you think?"
Michael 08:49 PM 02-02-2020
I don’t think any provider should be hitting a child under their care. I would report and let CPS decide.
boy_mom 05:06 AM 02-03-2020
My concern is if they are comfortable doing this is front of you, what are they doing when jo one else is around.

Hitting in any capacity it not OK, i would report and let CPS decide.
DaveA 05:10 AM 02-03-2020
Originally Posted by boy_mom:
My concern is if they are comfortable doing this is front of you, what are they doing when jo one else is around.

Hitting in any capacity it not OK, i would report and let CPS decide.
My thoughts exactly. I would report this.
Ariana 05:48 AM 02-03-2020
When a teacher was reported in my centre, the parents had no idea. The child got hurt (dislocated shoulder) but the teacher was not identified. She was suspended and had to do training. She is now back at the centre. This is a unionized position though so that might make a difference.
Cat Herder 06:17 AM 02-03-2020
Be sure to report to childcare licensing, not CPS. They are two different agencies, for two different things.
flying_babyb 05:18 PM 02-04-2020
None of our parents were told when we had a teacher fired for causing harm to children (she was caught ON CAMERA pinching children, squeezing ect. Her coteacher didnt even know. This teacher had one of the best behaved classes). None of the parents were told, other than the victium, and the staff only found out because her coteacher told us. She was fired, so was the coteacher.
Tags:corporal punishment, cps, hitting in daycare, licensing, mandated reporter
Reply Up