Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Your thoughts: on PNP's vs. Cribs
blueclouds29 08:54 AM 03-15-2011
Right now i use 3 PNP's for the only 3 young kids i watch. I might be able to get a hold of 2 cribs my old daycare i used to work at is getting rid of. I feel the crib are more comfortable then the PNPs. What are some of your thoughts on the PNPs vs. cribs. Which would you rather have? BTW, i'm not licensed.
SandeeAR 09:00 AM 03-15-2011
I'm not liscensed either. I have two toddler beds with sides/rails. One baby bed and two pak-n-plays. The pak-n-plays are loaners. The others are mine.

When the two pak-n-play families leave, I will buy two pak-n-plays. I like the portability if needed.
laundrymom 09:01 AM 03-15-2011
Either or,... Honestly, cribs last longer. They are sturdier, look more professional. But take up space, cost more, and aren't as portable. It's a toss up. I'm in the process of upgrading mine to Porta cribs. One at a time as they rip. Be sure they are NOT drop side cribs though.
youretooloud 09:21 AM 03-15-2011
I have three pack n plays and one mini crib. I keep the crib up in a bedroom all the time. But, the pack n plays go down every day.

I think the pack n plays are stronger for the toddlers.... toddlers stand and jump in there, and the PnP is lower to the ground and a little more sturdy. But, the crib is nicer and more professional.

If I replace them, I'd always replace it with a PNP, because it's more versatile.
JenNJ 09:27 AM 03-15-2011
I use pack n plays only. I like the flexibility and portability of them. I keep all infants under 9 months on the min level with me. I don't want a crib on this level of my home. I have had my pack n plays for 3+ years each and all are in perfect condition.
Blackcat31 09:43 AM 03-15-2011
I use PNP's because they take up less space but I prefer cribs because I don't like that the PNP is so low to the ground. It's one thing for an infant to play on the floor but impo sleeping near the ground kinda sucks. LOL!
Tags:crib, pack n play, pack n play vs crib
Reply Up