Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>High Chairs
Oneluckymom 10:37 PM 11-29-2011
I saw a thread on high chairs recently but couldnt find it. I was wondering what high chairs you guys like. I am looking for something compact and inexpensive for my daycare room. Any good ideas..?
Michelle 10:58 PM 11-29-2011
http://trus.imageg.net/graphics/prod...4229953reg.jpg

How about this one?

I have been looking for a new high chair also and came across this

A good highchair is the kind that has a tray that you can wash in the dishwasher and have toys that are detachable, one hand removal because you will always have a baby in your arms.
Cat Herder 05:00 AM 11-30-2011
I LOVE the Graco clip on chairs but just had to put mine in storage. No longer allowed.... $160 down the drain.
SilverSabre25 05:13 AM 11-30-2011
I don't love them, I HATE them. Highchairs take up soooo much room, even when they're "compactly" folded. Mine is even supposedly "The most compact fold on the market!" and it still takes up a depressingly large amount of space when folded. Let's not even talk about the footprint when I'm using it. Yuck.

I like the space saver ones that clip onto a regular kitchen chair.
DBug 10:22 AM 11-30-2011
The Antilop high chair from Ikea is awesome! It's cheap (ie. $25 for the chair and tray up here in Canada), extremely easy to clean (no cushions or nooks & crannies for food to get into), and they stack . I've had three in use in my TINY kitchen when I had that many wee ones. I love them

The only thing is that the babies have to be able to sit up on their own to use them. I believe they still have cushions for non-sitters, but from what I remember from using the one I had for my dd, they don't work that well. Still, I wouldn't trade mine for anything!
Heidi 10:29 AM 11-30-2011
Originally Posted by Catherder:
I LOVE the Graco clip on chairs but just had to put mine in storage. No longer allowed.... $160 down the drain.
WHAAT?? I hope my state doesnt do that! I love mine! I had to search all over the internet to find the darn things.

Please don't tell me they are recalled....
Oneluckymom 10:38 AM 11-30-2011
what can I use for non-sitters? I have a 6 mo old that mom wants me to feed cereal to...but is not sitting upright on her own yet.
countrymom 10:38 AM 11-30-2011
Originally Posted by DBug:
The Antilop high chair from Ikea is awesome! It's cheap (ie. $25 for the chair and tray up here in Canada), extremely easy to clean (no cushions or nooks & crannies for food to get into), and they stack . I've had three in use in my TINY kitchen when I had that many wee ones. I love them

The only thing is that the babies have to be able to sit up on their own to use them. I believe they still have cushions for non-sitters, but from what I remember from using the one I had for my dd, they don't work that well. Still, I wouldn't trade mine for anything!

they are the best chairs ever. They are smaller than a regular chair too. this weekend I bought the cushion for it and its great. And you can stack them too. I had so many chairs before but all of them were bulky, and unless a baby is in it all the time they don't need a fancy cadalliac.
Cat Herder 10:57 AM 11-30-2011
Originally Posted by bbo:
WHAAT?? I hope my state doesnt do that! I love mine! I had to search all over the internet to find the darn things.

Please don't tell me they are recalled....
No, Tot Locs are not recalled. My State just feels they are too unstable. (and the weight limits have been reduced to 37 lbs on the new ones)

I think someone did something stupid, someone got hurt and this was the knee jerk reaction ....as usual.

The ONLY risk I can see is from lack of proper supervision. Until we can mandate common sense, knee jerk regs will continue to happen...
MarinaVanessa 11:13 AM 11-30-2011
I just bought the high-chairs from Ikea. $20 for the chair itself and $5 for the tray. Take the trays off and stack the highchairs. There's no padding or fluff but like that because I can just spray the whole thing to disinfect it.

I don't put the smaller babies that can't sit up on their own in high chairs anyway, too awkward for me and there's no need to feed them baby food at that age anyway so I don't need padding. The older un-supported sitters that eat babyfood just get a small receiving blanket in it just so that they don't bonk themselves as hard on accident. Then the blanket gets thrown in the laundry.

I like the height too, even with the tray on I can slide it right up to the dining room table and the tray ends up right under our table.

http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/30069724/
Sunchimes 11:46 AM 11-30-2011
I have 3, one I like, one is ok, one I hate.

I have a Chicco that I bought at a Just Between Friends sale and paid too much for it because hubby wanted it. He does most of the lunch clean up and thought it would be easy to clean. It folds up pretty flat, which I like. However, the seat is way too low. Even my biggest almost 15 mo old is at chin level with the tray. She likes to eat and just deals with it, but the others are at eye level and don't even try to eat out of it. Plus, the tray has a high lip and it's hard to get the food off of it. Oh, and the tray is hard to get on and off. You have to reach under it and hold down a button with one finger and push something else with another. A safety feature. It has a 5 point harness but it's almost impossible to adjust.

I have 2 Graco. One is a recent model and one is an older model. Recent model has a tray that is too large to fit in the sink and steep sides. It just has a seat belt, so I can't use it for my climbers.

The best one is my older Graco. It has an easy to use and adjust 5 point harness. The tray has a section off to one side that is shallow, so it's easy to scoop the leftover food right off. It's my favorite!!!

I have a large dining room, and I usually just have 2 chairs up, so it isn't an issue. I can't use booster seats because I have a tall bar-type table in there with tall bar stools. I guess I'll have to make some adjustments when the kids get older.
Unregistered 12:01 PM 11-30-2011
Originally Posted by Oneluckymom:
what can I use for non-sitters? I have a 6 mo old that mom wants me to feed cereal to...but is not sitting upright on her own yet.
I use a Bumbo chair on the floor. Works awesome! They have trays available too!
http://www.amazon.com/Bumbo-402-Baby.../dp/B0007ORN7M
MNMum 12:39 PM 11-30-2011
I love my graco contempo. Tray does not fit in dishwasher, though. It folds quickly and easily to be about 3 ft high, 2 ft wide, 8 inches deep. Although I'm thinking about getting the ikea ones, cause they would be easier to clean.
SimpleMom 12:46 PM 11-30-2011
I have the kind that strap onto a chair now. I LOVE THEM. They are really easy to store and don't take up much space. Before that, I used the one from Graco (the Neat Seat). Loved that it didn't tip easy and wiped clean really well. Super easy to clean. a bit of a space hog--but very stable.
Tags:high chair, high chair - hook on, high chair - portable, highchairs
Reply Up