Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Naptime struggles
grateday 12:08 PM 10-24-2013
Naptime is the single most difficult thing for me because of all of the different kids ages and temperaments. It is usually individual to the child when they sleep. Not all of the kiddos sleep. One never does who is 3. I don't expect them all to sleep but I struggle with one child who needs it so bad and just fights it. Anyone else have any ideas.

Tried white noise, music, dark, snuggling, bottles, blankets, and snuggle objects, minimize noise, food, and minimizing distractions and still refuses.

Child keeps mom up at night even when missed nap at daycare.
Heidi 01:31 PM 10-24-2013
I don't know how old the child is you talking about. A 3 year old could read quietly on their mat, maybe. As long as they're quiet and stay put.

If it's another child, younger, it'd be tough love, baby!

My 2 year old dcb tried the whole climbing out of the bed and keeping the household awake routine a couple months ago.

Here, he got a sleep sack and a firm NO! He sleeps 3 hours every day. It's getting better at home, but since mom laughs half the time when he's "naughty", it's taking much longer and there's much more testing.

I have 4 kids most days, and they're in 4 different playpens in 4 different dark rooms. I run fans and close doors. All legal here, but I know some places it's not. Nap time is 12:30-3:30 and even my 4 1/2 mo is catching on. If he wakes up early, I just go give him his pacifier, whisper "it's still nap time dcb", and walk back out.

One day a week I have a 4 and a 5 year old as well. They are on cots in my living room here by me. I have to wake them up at 3:30 (oh, that's now!).
TwinKristi 01:36 PM 10-24-2013
I recently got naptime under control. It was getting crazy and everyone napping at different times but I finally cut one of the DCK's AM nap and made it a PM nap when my DS and the other DCK nap. One boy sleeps in a PNP in the back bedroom but I bought 2 KinderMats for the other boys and I lay them down, turn off lights, close drapes, etc. and turn on a lullaby station on Pandora! Now I get all 3 down after lunch and before the SA kids get home!!
Tags:nap - disruptions, naptime routine
Reply Up