Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Broken Arm, Who's Responsible?
LaLa1923 09:42 AM 01-02-2013
My DS (7) was playing outside, he was up on a little tikes cube (toddler version) about to go down the slide when my SD (5) pushed him. He fell on his arm and broke it. The kids know they are not allowed to play on the toddler toys. They were both wrong. Had he been able to actually land on his feet (if he were on the bigger set) he probably wouldn't have broken it. She really doesn't care that she did it and didn't know the consequences of her actions. I'm appalled really, at her behavior but I chalk it up to her upbringing thus far. (Her bio mom is crazy)

This got me thinking, what if a DC kid had pushed him? What then? Are they responsible for medical care and fees? I never addressed this in my PHB. It does say I'm not responsible for their child's medical care or expenses. Would it be the same both ways?

This has turned out to be very costly. Thank goodness we have medical insurance. I didn't even know it was broken until the next day, I thought it was sprianed. It wasn't swollen, blue or anything! This really shocked me, next time. I'll take them right away to the ER.
Tags:injury, injury report, liability, medical expenses
Up