Daycare.com Forum Daycare Management Software

Go Back   Daycare.com Forum > Main Category > Daycare Center and Family Home Forum

Daycare Center and Family Home Forum Daycare Center and Family Home owners, Directors, Operators and Assistants should post and ask questions here.

Old 04-14-2011, 06:23 AM
Advanced Daycare.com Member

Default Rainy Days

I feel like I'm run off my feet on rainy days trying to keep the kids entertained while keeping the noise level below ear damaging levels. If I just let them be they can entertain themselves but it gets LOUD because they try to play games they play outside everyday like chase, monsters and ringaround the rosy.

So far today we've played dress up, had a biggest block tower contest, colored, played playdough and now they are lounging on a futon mattress watching a scholastic's animated books DVD in the dark pretending its a movie theatre. I normally never turn to a movie in the middle of the day but MAN...they're just wired today. lol

Anyone have an rainy day ideas to share?
Old 04-14-2011, 06:31 AM

When my kids get to the point of needing my intervention the first thing we do is play my animal game. I name an animal and they act like that animal. Depending on how many are here sometimes they all act, but if it is the whole group then it is one at a time. Sometimes we are in a circle and I will say K you be a monkey, give him about a minute. Ok E you be a horse, then D a chicken, and so on. Each demonstrates for about 1 min. The one that stumps them is a giraffe. Sometimes this game lasts 15mins sometimes over an hour, depending on the kids.
Old 04-14-2011, 06:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GretasLittleFriends View Post
When my kids get to the point of needing my intervention the first thing we do is play my animal game. I name an animal and they act like that animal. Depending on how many are here sometimes they all act, but if it is the whole group then it is one at a time. Sometimes we are in a circle and I will say K you be a monkey, give him about a minute. Ok E you be a horse, then D a chicken, and so on. Each demonstrates for about 1 min. The one that stumps them is a giraffe. Sometimes this game lasts 15mins sometimes over an hour, depending on the kids.
That's a good one. My crew loves pretend.
Old 04-14-2011, 07:08 AM

We have some toys, games and activity boxes that are ONLY for rain days. Keeps them interested and the toys are special then.

Tags
rainy day