Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>2 Year Old Curriculum
sharlan 04:05 PM 08-23-2018
I've never really "played school" with my littles. I usually wait until about 4. Since I only have the two 2 1/2yos, I thought I would like to start with them this year. This is my last year so I don't want to spend too much on a curriculum.

I don't have a circle time. I just read to them when they bring me books.

I would like to be a bit more organized/formal with them.

Any suggestions?

Dcg is 2y9m and knows most of her colors and shapes. Can sing quite a few songs. Isn't overly verbal otherwise, but is starting to talk more.

Dcb is 2y6m and says about 20 words. He makes his wants/needs known by mostly pointing. I encourage him to talk by asking do you want A or B.
sharlan 04:07 PM 08-23-2018
I need something that holds my hand and tells me what to do every step of the way.
LysesKids 04:27 PM 08-23-2018
Originally Posted by sharlan:
I need something that holds my hand and tells me what to do every step of the way.
Unless you buy a formal curriculum, next best is finding something online for like homeschooling preschool? Haven't worried about the in years lol. I usually just take my books I own ( including Art) and do poems & songs in English & French, but all mine are under 18 months
hwichlaz 04:45 PM 08-23-2018
I really love Build Curric. It's at www.notimeforflashcards.com

you can purchase one theme at a time for like $6.99 so try one and see if you like it...I love them.
MarinaVanessa 07:39 PM 08-23-2018
Originally Posted by hwichlaz:
I really love Build Curric. It's at www.notimeforflashcards.com

you can purchase one theme at a time for like $6.99 so try one and see if you like it...I love them.
I checked it out and what I'm hesitant about is that I can't see what I'm getting. It tells me what's included but I'd like to actually see a sample of what it looks like. Do you have photos of what you get? I'm assuming it's a download?
sharlan 09:14 PM 08-23-2018
I found one I think I like - homeceoacademy.

You can get a free week download.
hwichlaz 07:03 AM 08-24-2018
Originally Posted by MarinaVanessa:
I checked it out and what I'm hesitant about is that I can't see what I'm getting. It tells me what's included but I'd like to actually see a sample of what it looks like. Do you have photos of what you get? I'm assuming it's a download?
My iPad is a pain to upload photos on the forum. If you pm me a number I can either iMessage or Facebook messenger, I’ll send pics.
hwichlaz 08:52 AM 08-24-2018
I'll send a sample of one of each type of activity. I really love this curric. It's so easy to follow.

She gives you, essentially, 10 full days of curric for $6.99

10 themed center activities (I make a portable center in a box for this so I can bring it out at the needed time)

5 themed circle time activities

10 art table activities

a list of 10 books to read

a themed song or fingerplay to sing

a large list of open-ended free choice activities to pick and choose from (this list is the same in each packet, but there are 30 of them).

And a really easy printable form to do you daily lesson planning on so you can page through and choose what you want to do each day.

Our first day of preschool will be:

Theme: Apples

Circle Time : Book: Apples, Apples, Apples
Group Activity: Color sorting apples
Song: Apples Juice, Apples Round (sung to the tune of Twinkle Twinkle, Little Start

Art Table: Corks to dip in red, green, yellow paint and stamp on a printed out naked tree. It's suggested to put some apple pie spice in the paint and squirt it into pie tins.

There are some activities that will need to be modified for younger kids, but mostly it's all age appropriate. And the best part....is that your school time is VERY Short. Which is what you want for that age group.

There are lots of opportunities for expansion for older kids as well.
MarinaVanessa 08:58 AM 08-24-2018
Originally Posted by hwichlaz:
My iPad is a pain to upload photos on the forum. If you pm me a number I can either iMessage or Facebook messenger, I’ll send pics.
Thanks! Sent you a PM
Tags:2 year old, curriculum, curriculum - toddlers
Reply Up