Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Toys for boys
providerandmomof4 06:15 PM 09-17-2012
Okay, so as luck would have it, or maybe some would think it unlucky, I have had mainly girls in my dc. The youngest in my family is a girl (now 5) so therefore I have an abundance of girl toys. I have a lot of baby/toddler toys that aren't gender geared, as well. But the issue is that I recently signed 2 boys (3 and 4 yrs) and today I signed two more boys (2 and 3 yrs). Now I have all boys except for my two babies. I'm thinking that I shouldn't make these little guys play with babies and barbies and pet shop. What do you all think? I mean I will have art/activity/learning time daily, but the majority of my free time toys in the bins are unfortunately geared toward girls. What are boys most apt to play with so I can invest? My son is 10 now but he was very sports oriented. He loved the small basketball hoop and would play with that for hours....any ideas would be appreciated
spud912 06:21 PM 09-17-2012
My boys play with blocks, construction tools, play food, animals and dinosaurs (found at Wal-Mart in dollar bins), Little People, cars/trucks and books. Their main toys would definitely be the blocks, dinosaurs and books.
juliebug 06:22 PM 09-17-2012
Hot wheel cars and cars in general, blocks, balls and my boys loved the kitchen
Hunni Bee 06:46 PM 09-17-2012
We have seven girls and thirteen boys in our classroom now....the boys really love blocks, cars, legos, dinosaurs/animals and art stuff. The best thing you can do with boys is go outside really...
rhymia1 03:26 AM 09-18-2012
Originally Posted by Hunni Bee:
We have seven girls and thirteen boys in our classroom now....the boys really love blocks, cars, legos, dinosaurs/animals and art stuff. The best thing you can do with boys is go outside really...
Yes!
But I recently got some dinosaurs that the boys love! Bit Tonka fire trucks are also a hit. Puzzles, blocks, etc. are also good.
seebachers 03:51 AM 09-18-2012
my boys love to play with barbies and babies (because they never get them at home) and the girls love to play with hot wheels and construction items...........put a nice mix out and you will be surprised at what they play with. Everything is gender appropriate here
daycarediva 05:20 AM 09-18-2012
Keep the dolls out! My boys love the kitchen, cleaning supplies, dress up, blocks, cars, little people. They spend hours making cities and then 2 minutes destroying it. Gotta love boys!
seebachers 05:29 AM 09-18-2012
nothing is more cute than Godzilla destroying the block city by a boy wearing a tutu and a crown. Love it
Provider_Manda 06:49 AM 09-18-2012
My boys (and girls) Love cars, trucks, balls and blocks...They also all play with play food. And they love the little people..I think I may need to invest in some dinosaures though
Lilbutterflie 06:51 AM 09-18-2012
Our boys make do with whatever they have. Mine will play with Barbies; just mainly smashing them around and playing rough with them! Heehee.

They love blocks, legos, cars, animals, kitchen stuff when they are inside. Bikes, scooters, chalk, SAND BIN with cars/trucks when they are outside. Outside is the key with boys!!
momofsix 12:02 PM 09-18-2012
Trains! Plus what everyone else already said.
providerandmomof4 05:44 PM 09-18-2012
Originally Posted by seebachers:
my boys love to play with barbies and babies (because they never get them at home) and the girls love to play with hot wheels and construction items...........put a nice mix out and you will be surprised at what they play with. Everything is gender appropriate here
I wish I had a like button! This is great!
Tags:toys, toys - boys
Reply Up