Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Non-Physically Aggressive 2 yo
rubyecro 01:48 PM 07-22-2015
I want to term this 2 yo DCK, but I'm not sure how to go about it.

He doesn't bite or hit, he's not necessarily aggressive to the other kids so it's not like I can say that. However he does: push every limit, throw food on floor, chew food up and spit it out and laugh about it, won't nap unassisted or with me right next to him, not effected by time outs whatsoever, doesn't talk at all (only babbles), screams the entire time he's on time out, climbs and jumps on everything, sits on kids and the animals....DOES NOT LISTEN.

And, I know he is 2. But also, his parents don't have him on a schedule. Let let him fall asleep on the floor whenever he passes out (11pm or midnight often) and he wakes up at 4am everyday. He is beyond overtired. I have worked with him for over 5 months. I'm done.

I really like the mom. She pays me on time. She nice, I haven't given her any warning reallythough. I mean, she KNOWS he's a handful but I'm very positive and optimistic so in tend to exaggerate the success and not the failure. That's my fault. I feel like I'm going to blindside her if I term him.

What the heck can I say or do?
mamamanda 03:15 PM 07-22-2015
Would you be willing to give her a 2 week warning? Say these are the behaviors I need to see improve in the next 2 weeks or I will no longer be able to provide care. Maybe she'll be willing to work with you. If she doesn't, then at least she knows its coming.
Laurel 05:04 PM 07-22-2015
Originally Posted by mamamanda:
Would you be willing to give her a 2 week warning? Say these are the behaviors I need to see improve in the next 2 weeks or I will no longer be able to provide care. Maybe she'll be willing to work with you. If she doesn't, then at least she knows its coming.

AmyKidsCo 07:42 PM 07-22-2015
Originally Posted by rubyecro:
I really like the mom. She pays me on time. She nice, I haven't given her any warning reallythough. I mean, she KNOWS he's a handful but I'm very positive and optimistic so in tend to exaggerate the success and not the failure. That's my fault. I feel like I'm going to blindside her if I term him.
I tend to do that too, but I wonder if we're shooting ourselves in the foot because then the parents think things are going great when they really aren't.

The two week thing is a good idea, but I'd still start easing her more of the whole truth before you say anything about a two week probation. Based on what you've told her up until now she thinks everything is hunky dory so a probation will blindside her as much as a termination would.
Tags:2 year old, aggressive behavior
Reply Up