Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Morning Nap
gumdrops 07:05 AM 10-05-2018
At what age do you do away with morning naps? I realize it depends on the child, but approximately what age? I have a 17 mo who still needs a morning nap in my opinion. Mom was complaining that 1-2 times/week she still gets up through the night and will stay up and play for 2-3 hours So I'm trying to help by taking away her morning nap, but she is a grump by 9:00. I figured once she adjusted to less sleep during the day and more sleep at night, the grumpies would go away. They are not! On Tuesday she fell asleep on the floor in the middle of all the other kids playing.

So I guess this is kind of a two-part question. Why do parents allow their child to play for 2 hours at 2:00 am??? Maybe my kids were just angels and we never had to deal with this or maybe I was a mean mom?! I have another child who is just under 2 and these moms (they are cousins so know each other well) joke that their kids get up on the same nights as each other to play for 2 hours. If I ask how they slept the night before, they will laugh and ask "why, was the other child awake last night"
Tags:morning naps
Up