Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>I Got Inspection Once A Month Since July
sade 11:59 AM 09-12-2013
Dear day care provider,

I would like to have your tough and experience about inspection from the department of health.
Mainly provider who run their facilities in brooklyn.

I have been getting inspected once a month since july. the inspector come in and even report a fact she didn't notice in my day care.

while being nice and telling me what to do to avoid this or that she is putting me some violations each time.

Yesterday, I get an inspection from an inspector out my district ( from manhantan). He didn't have a reasons to put me a violations. so he look with a flash light my day care. he even open my refrigerator. ( this is not his area).

He ask me the attendance sheet, but all parents don't sign the attendance sheet in the morning.
I introduce a daily report sheet for each child to make parents sign in their child.
Yesterday 7 parents sign the daily sheet 3 didn't sign. I get a violation for that.

I was so overwhelmed that I start crying in front of him.

He came during nap time and I have new children at school ( most of them are 10 months baby). everybody wake up and was screaming in the school.

Why am I getting an inspection every month?
someone ever experienced the in her day care?
Thank you for your help.

Love and light
Heidi 12:07 PM 09-12-2013
I'm guessing English is your second language. Can you see if your inspectors are available in your home language?

My guess is that they know you are new, and that you've made a few mistakes, and they are keeping a close eye on you.

If you except subsidy payments, your attendance records must be 100% accurate at all times. Otherwise, the state suspects you of trying to falsify claims.

I noticed that on our state's website, there are a lot of providers in the city of Milwaukee that get inspected ALOT. The inspectors always find many issues. I think these providers really just don't have the training they need to do their jobs well, and they may be in poor areas where they don't have nice homes or neighborhoods. Maintenance of the home is a big issue for them.

I hope you get it figured out. If you are having trouble understanding them and they don't have a translator for you, perhaps you can find a wise friend to translate and help you?
Cat Herder 12:15 PM 09-12-2013
The monthly inspections will most likely continue until you go for a period of time without ANY violations. Typically they are from every 3 months to every year.

ALL parents are required to sign in and out daily. That is a huge issue. They want to know you are not warehousing kids.

They are allowed in your refrigerator, bedroom, closets, sheds, garages, attics and even drawers. I don't love it, but it comes with the job.

I am so sorry you are stressed.

Do you not have a checklist to go by for inspections?? That should allow you to self inspect and learn what it is they are checking for.
sade 03:20 PM 09-12-2013
Thank you!
Yes english is my second language.
Well, I will go trough this and get the best I can from those inspections.

Love and Light
Tags:inspection, inspection - monthly
Reply Up