Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Investigation Update
Unregistered 06:40 PM 06-09-2016
So earlier this afternoon I had a meeting with the director of my center as well as a front office manager. Our version of cps cleared me of any accused wrong doing. However the director and manager were trying to fire me due to "policies" that are not listed either in the handbook, online or hanging in the office. Once they realized those "policies" weren't working they tried the well the patent might tell other parents about this issue again I had to point out that I had been cleared of any wrong doing. So after an hour long meeting of none written policies and claims of concern of parent telling other parents about the cleared accusations I still have my job. I didn't allowed myself to be bullied into accepting an unlawful termination.
Leigh 06:49 PM 06-09-2016
Originally Posted by Unregistered:
So earlier this afternoon I had a meeting with the director of my center as well as a front office manager. Our version of cps cleared me of any accused wrong doing. However the director and manager were trying to fire me due to "policies" that are not listed either in the handbook, online or hanging in the office. Once they realized those "policies" weren't working they tried the well the patent might tell other parents about this issue again I had to point out that I had been cleared of any wrong doing. So after an hour long meeting of none written policies and claims of concern of parent telling other parents about the cleared accusations I still have my job. I didn't allowed myself to be bullied into accepting an unlawful termination.
I'd be searching for a new job. Since it was determined that you did NOT do what you were accused of, they're still going to let the parent that lied to them keep bringing their child? No way would I stand for that. Nope.
Unregistered 06:53 PM 06-09-2016
Originally Posted by Leigh:
I'd be searching for a new job. Since it was determined that you did NOT do what you were accused of, they're still going to let the parent that lied to them keep bringing their child? No way would I stand for that. Nope.
I will be searching for a new job and even turned in some applications today, however due to this incident I can't afford to quit while I job search.
Thriftylady 07:18 PM 06-09-2016
Originally Posted by Unregistered:
I will be searching for a new job and even turned in some applications today, however due to this incident I can't afford to quit while I job search.
As backwards as it is, it is easier to find a job while you have a job, so I wouldn't quit yet either. But I would be getting out as soon as I possibly could.
Rockgirl 08:08 PM 06-09-2016
It sounds like they are determined to let you go. It's good that you are job hunting. Good luck!
daycarediva 03:01 AM 06-10-2016
Originally Posted by Thriftylady:
As backwards as it is, it is easier to find a job while you have a job, so I wouldn't quit yet either. But I would be getting out as soon as I possibly could.
How awful for you! We all live in fear of a false accusation. This parent is in for a rude awakening. Trying to get you fired (at minimum) for not saying PLEASE when putting their snowflake in time out? C'mon people!
NightOwl 05:25 AM 06-10-2016
They'll find a way to terminate you as soon as possible. So find another job as soon as possible. Spend the weekend hunting.

Idk what the accusation was, but it has soured your relationship with the family and the center, whether or not you did it. It's a terrible truth, but once the seed is planted, it's there to stay.

It's terribly unfair, and I'm so sorry you've been put in the position of leaving on bad terms. Are you sure your employer will give you a positive reference? That would be my next concern.
Annalee 05:38 AM 06-10-2016
Originally Posted by NightOwl:
They'll find a way to terminate you as soon as possible. So find another job as soon as possible. Spend the weekend hunting.

Idk what the accusation was, but it has soured your relationship with the family and the center, whether or not you did it. It's a terrible truth, but once the seed is planted, it's there to stay.

It's terribly unfair, and I'm so sorry you've been put in the position of leaving on bad terms. Are you sure your employer will give you a positive reference? That would be my next concern.
Yep, better look for another job! The center will make life miserable whether the accusation is true or not.
Ariana 07:22 AM 06-10-2016
This reminds me of the incident with the cake at Whole Foods! Whole Foods stood by their employee and it seems no one does that these days.

I am glad you are looking for another job in the interim. Best of luck
Tags:investigation
Reply Up