Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Must-Have Equipment
Msdunny 11:09 AM 12-04-2018
I am going to transition my nanny-share job to my house soon, hopefully. The youngest will be around 5 months old when we make the change. I currently have access to a swing, bouncy seat, pack-n-play bassinet, exersaucer-type toy, etc. What would be your "must-haves' for this age? I do not want to fill my house with baby equipment for only a month's use, KWIM?
Blackcat31 11:11 AM 12-04-2018
I use NO infant equipment at all other than a crib, a high chair and the floor.

Everything else is unnecessary and creates a habit that needs to be broken later so I skip it all together.

Plus floor time is THE best way to help those little brains grow and develop. There is no benefit to any infant equipment.
Msdunny 11:20 AM 12-04-2018
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:
I use NO infant equipment at all other than a crib, a high chair and the floor.

Everything else is unnecessary and creates a habit that needs to be broken later so I skip it all together.

Plus floor time is THE best way to help those little brains grow and develop. There is no benefit to any infant equipment.
This is why I love you, BC! I was thinking along these lines, but wanted a little back-up. Thanks!

BTW - I am back after about 3 years away. I am totally not a Blackcat creeper.
LittleExplorers 11:31 AM 12-04-2018
The only thing I have is a pop up play yard to put the tiny ones in when I have to use the bathroom etc.
BrynleeJean 11:33 AM 12-04-2018
I got this blanket from costco this last summer I'm sure you can get it elsewhere, its an outdoor, protects you from getting wet from the grass kind of blanket if that makes sense? its real tough and sturdy and is nice and large and folds up small. I got it for outdoor concerts, popular in our area, but it is what i use like all the time with the babies outside so they don't eat the grass
As well as a a stroller, umbrella or otherwise. I like to get outside
jenboo 12:10 PM 12-04-2018
Crib or pack n play and high chair.
Blackcat31 12:14 PM 12-04-2018
Originally Posted by Msdunny:
This is why I love you, BC! I was thinking along these lines, but wanted a little back-up. Thanks!

BTW - I am back after about 3 years away. I am totally not a Blackcat creeper.
Welcome back!!

I noticed your username on a thread and immediately thought that it was an older thread that was brought back up by an unregistered....then saw the date and that you said you are moving back to home daycare!

Nice to see you back!!
DaveA 12:17 PM 12-04-2018
Stroller for walks
Superyard or something similar for when you need to use the bathroom
Otherwise the basics that have been mentioned and simple non electronic toys
CalCare 07:33 PM 12-04-2018
Agree on no equipment needed . I do like to have my long gate, like 8 panel, to go across my big playroom to have a safe space for little. I also use a pack n play for small sleeper. I use small cube chairs at a toddler/ preschool table, so no high chairs. Even for dipes, I am able to use a pad in the floor (I know some places can't due to licensing regs).
Msdunny 05:42 AM 12-05-2018
Thanks everyone! I want to make this change as painless as possible. These are great ideas!
Tags:5 month old, confinement equipment, pack n play, strollers, toy suggestions
Reply Up